Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Lindsay H
California

Wonderful stay

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed Mar 12, 2024
A weekend getaway for us. Quiet, serene, peaceful, great food and wonderfully appointed room. We loved walking the grounds and relaxing by the fireplace in the room. The meals at the Restaurant were first class and delicious!
Date of stay: March 2024
10.8 km from Auberge du Soleil
Pool
View more hotels in Rutherford
1,064 results
All reviews overlooking the valley napa valley main restaurant sculpture garden wine country wine tasting beautiful property mercedes spa suite concierge luxury anniversary patio fireplace massage valet
Selected filters
Reviewed January 1, 2024

This was my fourth stay. Auberge du Soleil is extravagantly expensive so it was gratifying to learn, yet again, that the venue delivers in all respects. The posh, carefully considered accommodations are comfortable in the extreme with many grace notes including lavish in-room treats and beverages. Bathrooms are divine. The hillside setting offers gorgeous views across Napa Valley, and the sculpture garden walk is a welcome, unexpected diversion. The restaurant is outstanding in cuisine and gracious in setting and service. Dinner here is a delight worthy of indulgence.

Everyone here is kindly, and professional, anticipating every need or care yet with a degree of grace that feels genuine. Special call out to the valets who are beyond gracious. I marvel when this degree of service is attained. It is a specific pleasure to experience this level of care, and, so also to extoll the virtue of staff here.

Date of stay: December 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Bradley Reynolds, General Manager at Auberge du Soleil, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2024

Dear CatalinaW,

I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for the kind words on our property and your stay with us. I will share your kind words with our Guest Services and valet team.

I hope to welcome you again!

Reviewed November 14, 2023

Looking for a peaceful retreat..this is it. The room was beautiful and very comfortable. Views and surroundings were fabulous with all the fall colors. Dinner was amazing. Enjoyed walking the trails on the property with all of the outdoor artwork. We had only one night to get away but we felt like we had been away longer. A wonderfully rejuvenating stay.

Date of stay: November 2023
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Kris C
Bradley Reynolds, General Manager at Auberge du Soleil, responded to this reviewResponded December 13, 2023

Dear Kris C,

Thank you for your kind words. I am delighted to hear you enjoyed our property and felt the peaceful, tranquil environment during your stay.

I hope to welcome you again!

Reviewed November 5, 2023 via mobile

The hotel grounds are fantastic but the rooms are pretty dated and frankly smell old. Food is amazing as is guest services but this is my second time this year where I had the same experience. Four Seasons is newer and may be the way to go here absent a much needed refresh.

Date of stay: November 2023
Trip type: Travelled on business

Dear Joseph,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us. I appreciate the comments. I am happy to hear you enjoyed dining with us, and will share your kind words with our Guest Services team.

Reviewed October 23, 2023

First class hotel with a First class price.
This grounds are nothing short of stunning. The design, where the buildings are stepped up a hillside, affords breathtaking views of the valley. The landscaping and sculptures along the path call out to your soul and invite you to stroll.
The staff are truly outstanding. We asked for a firmer pillow and two arrived before we returned to our room. The housekeeping is amazing.

We inquired about an upgrade from our Valley view King room and were told nothing was available. I was a little disappointed as we were staying for 4 nights,
The bed design had us bumping our shins getting in and out, as the bedframe protrudes a few inches beyond the mattress. The mattress itself, was clearly in need of replacement(Biarritz 3), as it bowed down at the side where a succession of past guests sat on the bed while getting in and out. I would have not expected to note that the bed was uncomfortable for a room at this price.

Overall - Small negatives and huge positives. Stay here if your budget allows such luxury.

Room tip: Valley view rooms offer a great view
Date of stay: October 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear PDQ312,

I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for the kind words on your stay and our property. I will share your kind words with our Guest Services team.

I look forward to welcoming you again!

Reviewed August 29, 2023

One of my most relaxing trips. The facilities and grounds are beautiful. Our room was quite large with a lovely patio overlooking the most gorgeous views. It was so peaceful. I loved the grounds with the gardens and unique statues. I took many walks on the scenic trails. We had a few minor hiccups with our room but the staff arrived immediately to fix. The room itself was nicely done with a large bathroom with tub. Our small fridge was fully stocked with goodies which we enjoyed. We did use the complimentary Mercedes which was so convenient. Locally, the wineries and towns are close. The Auberge restaurant and service was outstanding. The gym was a little small but doable. Overall, a fabulous experience. I look forward to returning.

Date of stay: April 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Bradley Reynolds, General Manager at Auberge du Soleil, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2023

Dear Gemmy5,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us here at Auberge du Soleil and enjoy some rest and relaxation! I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your room as well as the grounds and outdoor sculpture garden.

I hope to welcome you for a return visit in the near future.