Review Highlights

from US$20.00
from US$75.00
from US$25.00
More Info
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed October 7, 2018

We attended ‘The Crucible’ by Arthur Miller at the Sacramento Theater Company. It was a very good production. The actress who portrayed Abigail was particularly good. We parked in a municipal parking lot across the street and this worked out well. The street parking was oddly very expensive. You would think it would be cheap to encourage people to come to this part of the city.

Reviewed April 30, 2018

I am a Sacramento native and have explored many of our local things to do. STC is a gem. I saw Man of La Mancha. The quality of production and performance by these talented people was impressive. I love the intimacy of the theater. So wonderful to see professional level productions where you can actually see the details of performance on the faces of the actors. Restaurants are nearby and there are convenient parking structures also. Worth the time to check their season as they have a variety of productions that appeal to many ages and tastes.

Reviewed April 27, 2017 via mobile

I was visiting family in the area and they had an extra ticket for the Donner Party. I had to google the story because I never heard of it. Being from NY and experienced many shows, I didn't have any high expectations. The performance was great ! The actors had powerful voices , enjoyed the acting and story. For a small theatre, we all enjoyed the show. The only negative were the seats. They were old and super uncomfortable.

Reviewed October 29, 2016

We love live theater and to have so many option in Sacramento is amazing. This location is wonderful, good street parking and all the seats are good.

Reviewed October 2, 2016 via mobile

We saw the opening night of "To Kill A Mockingbird" and were surprised by the excellent production. Sacramento should take pride in this easy to get to, family friendly theater.

Reviewed June 30, 2014

I thought- how could anyone top Zero Mostel? Well.. not quite, but very close. A delightful version of this musical comedy. Sacramento Theatre Company goes out of its way to present a real balance of drama, comedy, musicals. And STC also has a cabaret which runs all year- 3 productions on a very tiny stage with terrific singers and dancers high-lighting one particular composer.

1  Thank hesterp
Reviewed March 16, 2014

arrived a little early to pickup will call tickets. Call Stc to get tickets over the phone to avoid the 15.00 convenience fee from the online buying. Went to the prolog and liked the way Kirk Blackinton explained the way they updated the play just a little by bringing it to something perhaps a little more modern (thanks Kirk for the advise to sit back and enjoy). All the seats appeared to have a good look for the play. They do have a small intermission bar that was also open before the play started. The acting was great and the costumes brought it together nicely. I would like to say as most know, it is a tragedy but they infused a little humor to keep it lively.

1  Thank fred3235
Reviewed January 9, 2014

Just saw the opening of "Closer Than Ever" - a musical. 25 songs sung by 4 excellent actors and 1 piano play who sings too and a subtle base player. Each number opens a door to a shared human experience. The numbers are cleaver, humorous and/or poignant. The music is melodic, the lyrics intelligent and poetic and the performers harmonious. The singers works together is synchrony and with mirth. I would happily see it again.

1  Thank Emilie B
Reviewed November 29, 2013 via mobile

Experienced my first STC play with the production of Pride and Prejudice. It was great!!! It was hilarious and touching; just as it ought to have been. I love Jane Austen. The actors at STC did her work justice. Will definitely be back for other productions. And will recommend to friends.

Reviewed October 21, 2013

We had a lovely Saturday evening - at 4:30 we attended a high tea in the lobby of the theater. Tara Henry who plays Charlotte and Mrs. Gardiner sat at our table and it was great to talk to her! The tea was lovely and very inexpensive. The performance was at 8. It is very well written and the acting was fantastic. Mrs. Bennet and Mr. Collins had us in stitches! All the actors were terrific and very believable in their roles. Highly recommended. We already bought our tickets for It's A Wonderful Life, the musical! Can't wait - the whole family - all 10 of us will attend. Thank you STC for a lovely Saturday - we celebrated 2 birthdays and it was the best celebration we could have wished for!!

1  Thank Susan N