“Business Trip to CAHU DOH Meeting”

Sheraton Grand Sacramento Hotel
Ranked #13 of 82 Hotels in Sacramento
Reviewed 12 April 2012

The hotel has excellant rooms. They where in great shape. The hotel is in downtown Sacramento and close to everything. The carpets in the stairs seemed a little worn but overall the hotel is a winner. Friendly front staff and the food was wonderful and reasonable in price. You are a short walk to the city mall about 6 blocks from the hotel. Would diffently would stay there again.

Room Tip: I stayed in 906 it was in perfect condition. It was a quite room.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
ksatake, Manager at Sheraton Grand Sacramento Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2012

Thank you for taking your time to tell us about your most recent stay. We actaully have two different sizes of king beds in the hotel, one that is slightly longer than the other. We look forward to welcoming you back next time yoru conference is in town.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,028)

Reviewed 2 April 2012

I recently held an event at the Sheraton Grand. Many of the attendees said the food was the best they had ever eaten at a large banquet. The staff was always available and highly attentive to any of our guest's needs. The room was clean, bed very comfortable and views of the city a delight. I almost didn't want to go home!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
ksatake, Manager at Sheraton Grand Sacramento Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2012

Thank you for sharing your most recent experience with us. We look forward to sharing your feedback with our staff.

Reviewed 1 April 2012

We recently stayed at the Sheraton Grand to take in a concert at one of the local venues. Our room was very clean and all the furnishings were comfortable.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the J Street side of the hotel away from the elevators ... otherwise you run the r...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your comments regarding your most recent stay and choosing the Sheraton. We hope you enjoyed your concert.

Reviewed 30 March 2012

The hotel was very nice, the staff was very nice and helpful, the location is in a great area but I have to say I left with a sour taste in my mouth because the valet service provided by Ace Parking was horrible, I pulled up to the property which is located on a 4 lane heavy traffic street and typically I do not let anyone drive my car but because their parking garage is located on a different block I decided to take advantage of the 7.00 a day valet. Once I received my bill I saw there was a 25.00 overnight fee which I wasn’t informed about but if you park there yourself it is about 10.00 for the over night fee. I don't mind paying for services but it seemed as if they didn't tell me purposely so that I would choose the valet service. The cherry on top was when I got home, I noticed a big gash on the lip of my front bumper so I called the Hotel immediately where they forwarded me to Ace Parking. I filled out a report, sent several pictures and about a week later received a standard letter stating basically that they were not liable because I didn't report it prior to leaving their garage, which made no sense because of the fact that I never stepped inside it. Every time I received my vehicle I was unable to inspect it due to the fact that they were located on a high traffic street. $1200 dollars in damages later, I am definitely not returning.

Room Tip: Park your own vehicle
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank cfflores707
MorgansCVB, Manager at Sheraton Grand Sacramento Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2012

Thank you for sharing your most recent experience with us. Although I am glad you have enjoyed your overall hotel experience I am disappointed to hear that you left with a sour taste in your month with our Valet service. You are absolutely correct in saying that we should have informed you of the Valet parking charge. Our overnight charge for Valet is $25 and our Self parking charge is $18. It seems like we had some opportunity there and please allow me to apologize for the inconveniences.

In terms of your bumper, please call me so that I can follow up with our Parking vendor. I will be more than happy to look into it further. Thank you and I hope to welcome you back to the hotel for a better experience.

Charles Cho
Director of Operations
916 341 3655

Reviewed 28 March 2012

We stayed at the Sheraton Grand for a night while attending a function for our daughter. Now, to be fair, the hotel had been full of high school kids doing a 'mock trial' contest, but I was pretty horrified to find that the floor around the bed was covered with litter and the toilet had not been cleaned thoroughly. The housekeeping staff had needed to really rush to turn the rooms as the high school groups checked out, but it was clear that in the case of our room, the rush had resulted in a much less than acceptable job.

Otherwise, a nice property. On the pricey side, but convenient to the convention center and the capital.

Room Tip: A south facing room (away from J Street) probably offers the best opportunity for quiet. The rooms...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank pbansen
MorgansCVB, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Grand Sacramento Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2012

Dear pbansen,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate your honest feedback and apologize that your recent stay was not entirely satisfactory. We certainly do not wish for our guests to depart feeling they did not experience the cleanliness they deserve. I am glad to see that our location met your needs, but we would like all of your expectations to be fulfilled. We hope that you will reconsider a visit with us again in the future to allow us to offer the high level of cleanliness and service that we pride ourselves on.

ROYCE POLLARD
Director of Front Office
916-447-1700

Reviewed 19 March 2012

Great location just down the street from the Capitol. Lots of eating places down the street and behind and a couple of blocks west of the hotel. Hotelk bar was a bit pricey. Rooms were very nice, good views from higher floors. Good workout room. The air conditioner worked on a movement sensor. In other words if you didn't move while you slept it pretty much turned off. I don't recommend places with this kind of feature. If you can handle this then by all means a very nice hotel.

Room Tip: Higher rooms for a semi nice view
1  Thank BaronFoer
MorgansCVB, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Grand Sacramento Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2012

Thank you for your wonderful review, our location in the Downtown area definitely allows us to offer our guests a wide choice of local restaurants and bars. We know that location may bring guests to us but our service and welcoming atmosphere bring them back. Thank you for being our guest and we look forward to serving you in the future.

ROYCE POLLARD
Director of Front Office

Reviewed 17 March 2012

A very tastefully decorated property and right across from the Convention Center (should that be your destination). You can also walk to many places from here but not really to the capital or old sacramento. Rooms were nicely appointed, and beds quite comfortable with lots of pillows. Business Center on second floor offers free (90 minutes) Wi-Fi and it continues to bug me that you have to pay for that service in your room. Parking was across the street, which was okay; although they do offer valet service if you have lots of bags and don't want to go back and forth.