“Southern Cooking”

The Porch Restaurant and Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
The Porch Restaurant and Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #52 of 2,216 Restaurants in Sacramento
Price range: US$20 - US$35
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 18th & K Streets
Reviewed June 27, 2017

Great place to eat if you are in the mood for some southern delights! Fried chicken, beignets, biscuits, mashed potatoes, and corn bread, are just a few of my favorites! This adorable looking restaurant is located downtown Sacramento. I did not have a problem with parking. Able to get a table within 15 minutes on a week night. The service was great, food was great, and the ambiance warm and quiet. I didn't get the feeling that this was a kid friendly place, although, I don't think it would be an issue to bring kids. I noticed most customers were adults, dressed business casual or better, a much more mature group, which was nice too! Overall, we had a great dining experience!

Reviewed May 31, 2017

Husband and I were passing through town and looked up restaurants and this got a good review so decided to try it out. Wow, was this one of the best stops ever. We both got the shrimp po'boys, and they were delicious! Our server, Hunter, could not have been any more pleasant. When we told him we didn't want dessert, but could he direct us to the best cupcake spot in town, he went patiently into the back and came back with a recommend of Icing on the Cupcake - which we could walk to from there! Would highly recommend dining here for the food, but also for the super nice service. And get the po'boys!!!

Reviewed May 28, 2017

The restaurant is comfortable and well designed. It is clearly one of the better, and recent, quality dining places in Midtown. Service was good although not perfect; there was a long delay for our food to come with no apology or explanation. The local craft beers were good, always a good sign for those of us who love interesting beers, but a bit slim in options. The half-order for shrimp and grits was smooth and delicious, one of the best I've ever had. I was glad I'd skipped the full order as I was full on the half-order. However, $16 for a half-order seemed extraordinarily expensive for the area in which The Porch is located.

Reviewed May 20, 2017 via mobile

We were in town for the day and wanted to find a special place to eat. We did! The service was attentive. Thank you Janelle!

The food was delicious! We are originally from the South so finding authentic, delicious Southern fare so far from home can me difficult. The Porch did not disappoint!

The portions are huge! We definitely over ordered, but gladly took food home! We ordered the fried green tomatoes, cornbread, fried chicken, pork chop and for dessert had peach cobbler and the beignets. Then entrees came with Gouda grits and fried okra. Nothing disappointed!

Next time we are in Sacramento we will be back!

Reviewed May 4, 2017

The porch is easy to get to and there is parking in a private lot and a parking structure across the street. We had reservations and were sat immediately. We started with the skillet corn bread and it was terrific. I had the shrimp and grits, which were creamy and really good with lots of shrimp. My son had the fried chicken and it was great. The portions are large and we had two boxes to bring home with us. I recommend The Porch for a nice, casual dinner with friends and family.