“Almost as good as eating in Addis”
Review of Habesha

Habesha
Ranked #478 of 2,160 Restaurants in Sacramento
Cuisines: Ethiopian
Description: Phone is 916-925-8591
Description: Phone is 916-925-8591
Reviewed May 23, 2016 via mobile

I lived in Ethiopia for two years and so my expectations of Ethiopian restaurants is high. My sister found this place on groupon and we went there today with my parents. I can honestly say it was great. The Shiro was superb, and the Doro Wot was also good.

It is not a fancy restaurant but well worth going. They had Ethiopian beer aswell. Too bad we live in Grass Valley or this would be a regular eating place for me.

1  Thank Africache

Reviewed April 1, 2016

I first ate at Habesha while my car was getting washed a Pavilions car wash. I Googled for restaurants nearby and honestly thought Habesha was a sushi bar...

I was pleasantly surprised. I had never eaten Ethiopian before and was impressed with the flavors and portion size. I've had chicken and lamb dishes and they are both excellent. They are served family-style on top of a large crepe-like pancake. Service can be a touch slow and oddly enough, they are very tight fisted with the paper napkins...

I highly recommend Habesha if you are in the mood for trying something different for lunch or dinner.

Reviewed March 6, 2015

Well, not really a hole in the wall. This eatery is located at the very end of the shopping strip. I walked in and saw a nicely arranged tables and chairs with white cloth linens. They are hard to find these days specially for small owned eateries.
The gentleman who greeted me is the owner. This is another beauty to enjoy in small places like this. I ordered a vegetarian dish that was so spicy and delicious. It was wrapped in their famous Ethiopian bread.
The meal was delicious and overall, I enjoyed dining here.

Reviewed March 13, 2013

I have been here a couple of times for lunch (when I used to work in that area) and I enjoyed it very much. If I remember correct they do have a small beer selection along with regular lunch/dinner food; I think the beer is out of bottles, nothing on tap. Its Moracan/North African/middle eastern type of food, not ethiopian like at the Queen Sheeba restaurant. I like this cafe much better then the Queen Sheeba downtown. Ethiopian places give you one or two big pieces of soft spongy bread that you use to scoop up the food with; this place does not do that. They food here is occasional spicy; they also have some sweet drinks and desserts. The owner is a nice guy to talk to. This place is a bit of a hole in the wall because it is at the very end of the shopping center, at the very extreme back of the parking lot area; but the inside is nice and the food is very good. There is a small outdoor dining area that is used when the weather is nice.

2  Thank Stephy W

Been to Habesha? Share your experiences!