“Very Popular for a Reason!”

Brookfield's Restaurant
Ranked #87 of 2,215 Restaurants in Sacramento
Cuisines: American, Soups
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner
Description: We serve breakfast,lunch and dinner in a casual,welcoming atmosphere. All of our meals, soups, sauces and baked goods are freshly prepared from family recipes. We have something on our menu for everyone, from Eggs Benedict & Corned Beef Hash to the Best Burger or Salmon Dinner in town! You will enjoy fast, friendly service at a reasonable price. Value and quality delivered with a smile!
Reviewed January 23, 2017

The things that Brookfields does well, they do really, really well. When I come across those items, I always have to look around to make sure I'm still basically in a glorified diner. Yep, that's still a counter with stools up there. The occasional waitress will still call you Hon. The food's still cheap and the coffee's still hot even if it's 4 pm. This joint is always jumping, which tells you a lot about the quality of the food. There's plenty of low priced eateries around these parts, but this is the only one that has a full parking lot every time I drive by. There's plenty of seating so wait times are usually short.

The first item that sold me on Brookfields was their French dip. This is one of the few places where you can order the meat rare and actually have it come out that way. The beef and au jus are some of the most flavorful I've had. They'll also add melted cheese and sautéed mushrooms to make it an unforgettably tasty creation. Just thinking about it makes me want to hop on 80 and take a drive out to Madison right now!

I tore myself away from the French dip one day to get the "Dads" burger, topped with mushrooms, jack, and cheddar cheese. Another solid choice. Once again, when medium-rare was specified it was delivered. Well-done fries actually appeared to have a little extra crisp to them. It always seems like if you make a request, they do their best to be accommodating.

We came in for breakfast recently and found another gem. Cinnamon swirl French toast may have me driving out here every weekend. Wow, what a decadent treat! If you have a major sweet tooth this is a must-try. Making French toast out of a cinnamon roll is just brilliant. The edges get a little crisp, while the butter and syrup sinks in between the layers...so delicious.

Maybe it was because we were both spoiled by the unbelievable French toast, but both of our egg dishes were a little underwhelming. I had the country breakfast, consisting of a split biscuit topped with sausage patties, gravy, and two eggs. Everything was cooked perfectly, it was just a little bland.

The BF went for the SF Joe's and encountered the same problem. Grabbing a sample, I was surprised to not taste any cheese in this dish. Seems like that would kick up the flavor and texture. Some added jack or cheddar will definitely be on our list of requests if that gets ordered again.

With the exception of one odd visit, service here is phenomenal. Casual, friendly, and attentive, they strive to make a very diverse clientele satisfied. I like that there's a little testimonial at each table listing all the items made from scratch. It's pretty much everything on the menu. There's also a little note from the owners saying how grateful they are to be in the community and how they hope to make each customer happy. From the looks of the parking lot, I'd say they're doing a fantastic job.

1  Thank sacstrawblnd916

Reviewed November 14, 2016 via mobile

Good for family, groups or couples... great variety but not too frequent menu updates...So if you visit regularly you may get a lil bored of the selection. Staff is usually fast & friendly. Meals are usually served warm and "accurate". Great location right off the freeway. Desserts are ok but could also use a "re-vamp".

Reviewed October 23, 2016

The Greek family Manalakas runs several Brookfield's in the greater Sacto area. Through the years I have found them to be a top-rated coffee shop restaurant, all meals. They keep the place immaculately clean, serve excellent food and offer friendly service. The Madison location is my favorite. There is plenty to rave about, but I single out there giant bran muffin, a great breakfast treat. Brookfield's is a big step above any coffee shops.

Reviewed October 18, 2016

Food was tasty, it came out fast and hot. Pastries are to die for as they are so good. The waitress was courteous and kept beverages filled.

Reviewed September 9, 2016

Fresh food and generous servings. We have tried,steak,turkey, and BLT's all of them were yummy!!
Dinner salad was very fresh and the croutons were home made. the cornbread was amazing!