“WHAT A TREAT!”

Ranked #140 of 2,169 Restaurants in Sacramento
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed June 22, 2017

My friends and I had a limited amount of time so we arrived as soon as this place opened. We said we had limited time and the owner welcomed us graciously. We had the lemon chicken, and two lamb dishes which we all shared and they were marvelous. The hummus was excellent and when I asked how they made it, he told me how to do it myself. It was a week night so there was no entertainment which was fine with us as we got to get to know the owner and hear some of his experiences. Absolutely charming and great food! Yes, parking is a hassle but not a problem when you get there first!

Reviewed May 5, 2017 via mobile

This is my second visit and I can't wait for my next visit. Parking is a bit of a challenge, just be patient. My first visit was with 4 people and this visit was with 14 and both experiences have been great. I'm a very picky eater and I love all the food. I was really nervous the first time about the food. Both times we got the sultans feast. Every course was great. There is 6 or 7 courses. They don't serve alcohol but they allow you to bring your own wine in with no corking fee. They will supply the wine glasses. It's definitely worth the price. This is a dining experience. Plan to be there 2 to 2 1/2 hours. Don't forget the belly dancer, she comes out every so often and dances Tips are welcome for her. Fun atmosphere, kids are welcome. Everyone the works there is so nice. I hope you enjoy your dinner.

Reviewed April 30, 2017

I've been to Casablanca twice and both times had a great time. My first visit was a romantic dinner with my husband. From ambiance to service to food, we had an amazing experience. So we decided to come back with a group of friends. Our second time was a party of 14 friends. We were not disappointed. When we arrived, we were seated immediately. We asked for the private area in the back, which is perfect for a rowdy group. We had the set menu – The Sultan Feast. The food came out immediately and was DELICIOUS, a flavor explosion! Service was great and the owner kept checking in on us to make sure we were happy. They had 3 belly dancers, not very good, but they put on nice effort and were pretty entertaining. Note: parking is limited, so you might have to park along the ally or the gas station next door. And you’d need to BYOB. But no corkage fee. I would definitely recommend.

1  Thank Gili G
Reviewed January 28, 2017

Stop by the Shell station to pick up a bottle of wine and borrow a corkscrew from a fellow diner and you are off on an adventure. Tiny joint with half the seats on the floor. Beyond friendly and welcoming host. Fix price menu. Yum. Don't load up on the first courses. Terrific layering of spices. A little sweet. A little hot. All very good. Would certainly go again.

1  Thank blue95476
Reviewed June 3, 2016 via mobile

Wow! Great people, fantastic food, wonderful entertainment! The atmosphere is authentic and very well decorated. The owners and staff took the time to get to know us and treated us like family. From washing our hands at the beginning of the meal to the hot sweet tea and dessert at the end, this is an amazing Moroccan experience. The tableware and dishes were like artwork. The belly dancer was fun and family friendly. Our group of five ordered the Sultan's Feast. We were served nine different dishes plus dessert. Some of the servings were appetizer sized others were more like an entree. The flavors were exquisite. There was more food than we could eat. We arrived when they opened at 5:30. When we left at 7:00 pm all the tables were full. Don't miss this place when you are in Sacramento!