All reviewspaved areafull hookupsthe american river bike trailbike theftrestaurants and shoppingfree wifiethansloped
Reviewed August 4, 2016

We booked a spot in this RV Park fro one night, and it wasn't what we expected. There was little to no grass. The staff were very friendly and helpful with questions on how to get to Lake Tahoe and Yosemite!

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed May 16, 2016

About half of the sites here are on pavement, many with trees. The other half are on gravel, no grass or trees. Neither are level. There is a large dog park (really large) with grass. Laundry, restrooms and showers, and that's it. There are bike/walking trails just off the entry road, that travel into downtown, or out of town.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed April 22, 2016

If you just need a place to park, it's okay. We camped here in a VW Westfalia with our family. Park was a nearly empty, gravel parking lot. There is a river path adjacent and nice clean private bathrooms/ showers. Note that you MUST PAY A $20 DEPOSIT IN US CASH ONLY in exchange for a bathroom/ shower key and the office closes at 5PM. We were checking in at about 4:45PM and I tried to give them a Canadian $20 bill for the deposit and they would NOT ACCEPT IT (it's just a deposit but they couldn't seem to get past that it must be USD and in cash only, even though they were going to just return the bill to me the very next day. Luckily we managed to scrounge around and find some US cash in the van or else it would have been no bathrooms for us for the night ... haha). There is not much to do here, it;s just a place to sleep. The "rules" included things like kids not being allowed to ride bikes out of your site etc..

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed March 14, 2016

I was pleasantly surprised by this RV park. It's smack dab in the middle of Sacramento, yet it was extremely quiet and set at the dead end of a road behind Cal Expo. Bathrooms were very clean and the park was well maintained. Arrived late in the evening and our reservation was all set up. Staff was very helpful and courteous. There is open space behind a portion of the park. We stayed in a spot backing to the open space in the lot near the office. Not a "camping" type RV park. It's dense and I imagine it could also get noisy if crowded. It was only 1/3 full when we were there. Great central location, yet quiet and safe. This park is a little gem and I will stay here again!

Room Tip: Ask for a one of the spaces that backs to the walking trail if you have a smaller RV
  • Stayed: June 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed December 20, 2015

There is an adult park in the area that we usually stay at. However, this trip I wanted very easy access to the American River bike trail right from the RV. This park has that. Check in was fast and easy (my wife loved Mabel the cat). The first area of paved sites slopes too much for my comfort so we opted for the gravel area in the back. How much your jacks have to level you at gravel sites has a lot to do with how much previous rigs have disrupted it, but our site was dead on. Power pedestal was located at a very convenient location for our 37' Class A. I pulled right in, dinghy still attached, everything right where I wanted it. This isn't a park where one sits outside & enjoys the view. The aforementioned, very popular, multi-use trail however, is right here. (Users should check TripAdvisor first. I will suggest that, for safety sake, upon reaching the actual trail, you only proceed to the left, not the right.) A boatload of eateries are an easy drive away. Chick-Fil-A & Cheesecake Factory are just two we patronized. Many very nice parks have periodic issues with bike theft in Ca. Expo now has night time security to address this. Propane is available for delivery to your site. Newspapers can be purchased by the office. There is no store associated with park, but you are in the middle of a big city, not the Sierra. Places abound where supplies can be found. Provided Internet was rather inconsistent. Your GPS will likely take you to the fairgrounds, not the RV park. Suggest you use the address 1010 Hurley. If arriving via Ethan Way, go straight as you approach the address. If on Hurley, turn left at the address.

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled as a couple