“Wonderfully authentic traditional Ethiopian food”

Abyssinia Ethiopian Restaurant
Ranked #235 of 2,169 Restaurants in Sacramento
Cuisines: Ethiopian
Reviewed December 11, 2016

I have been here several times with different family members. As we have Ethiopian relatives we are pretty picky, and generally love especially spicy food. The food here is excellent, and I strongly recommend getting the large sampler entree as it allows you to get a wonderful variety of small dishes.

1  Thank JMA-Kunming

Reviewed October 19, 2016

This restaurant is my favorite in the Sacramento region. I am a Vegan and only eat healthy food choices. They do not use butter in their food so it is healthier and Vegan. My girlfriend is NOT a Vegan, she has a degree in Food Science, is a FOODIE, ran a gourmet restaurant, and she absolutely loves the place as well. In fact, we had them cater a party.

2  Thank Low_Hertz
Reviewed July 21, 2016

This is a family owned business and they do a terrific job of presenting the food. I had the beet salad and a beef with onion butter and other spices. The injera bread is wonderful. This was my first experience with Ethiopian dishes and I thoroughly enjoyed learning and tasting it.

1  Thank eabarrdvm
Reviewed February 16, 2016

Having eaten here 2 years ago, we decided to return to try their Grand Sampler again. The combination of meats, beans and vegetables still tasted as good as last visit but alot spicer and the Injera bread was still divine. The best part was eating up the soaked up Injera lining the enamel tray and every bite was just distinct with all the various gravy of the meats and vegetables. A meal so tasty and flavourful!

Reviewed December 13, 2015

I am not an expert on Ethiopian cuisine, but I have had it many times. We ordered a meat entrée and a vegetarian entrée that were served family style along with cabbage and greens. We both enjoyed our entrees. The vegetarian entrée consisted of very spicy lentils. The restaurant is located in the corner of a strip mall. I was disappointed as the menu did not have a sampler plate as others have mentioned.