“Some tasty vegan options”
Review of Mother

Mother
Ranked #50 of 2,215 Restaurants in Sacramento
Reviewed February 17, 2016 via mobile

I gave this a 4 because the dishes we liked, we loved. Also, our wait staff was very knowledgeable and helpful.

Many people said they loved the chicken fried mushroom po'boy. Our waitress advised us to order the mushrooms straight up rather than as a sandwich, which we did. Even my vegan daughter who does not care for mushrooms really enjoyed them. My sister described the cheddar biscuits as "off the hook" and we had to get a second order. The Brussels sprouts were wonderful, and without the sauce they were vegan. The potatoes and garlic aioli were very good. The carrot and nut burger had a nice flavor but fell apart when we tried to divide it for sharing. Probably would not order it again. The Chili Verde was very tasty and vegan. The mushroom risotto had a nice flavor. I really liked it but my brother-in-law thought it was just pretty good. I did not care for the squash latkes. The flavor was good but the texture was too firm and dense for me. The kids ate buttered homemade pappardelle and it was wonderful! It was hard not to sneak more off their plates.

Both deserts were excellent. One was a Thai cake with lime and sorbet. The other was vegan chocolate truffles.

Reviewed February 8, 2016

This is a little gem of a restaurant within view of the capital building in Sacramento. It is a small restaurant but the food is outstanding. Their vegetarian options were unlike anything I had eaten before. The food was very fresh, very tasty, and unique. The desserts are also worthy of trying. If you find yourself in the downtown area of Sacramento I highly recommend giving this place a try.

Reviewed February 5, 2016

Everything is great, but if you only have a few minutes you should definitely pop in for the brown butter cookies with sea salt. Crazy good. Wine only. Nice and knowledgeable staff.

Reviewed January 13, 2016

Have been there twice. Will definitely go again for the Chicken Fried Mushroom sandwich. I can't get enough - and I am not a vegetarian. If they happen to be offering the salted brown sugar cookies, grab them quick!! This is a popular place with folks on their lunch hour from offices nearby and seating can be an issue. Best to go a little later if you can. Order at counter and food comes to your table. They also have a fun selection of books to enjoy while you wait for your food. Sandwich, iced tea, order of cookies (2), tip = $20+

Reviewed January 9, 2016

Small, limited seating, very noisy but WOW the food is GOOD! Went with a group of six and we all shared about 10 small plates. Everything was delicious and unique. Kudos!

Been to Mother? Share your experiences!