“Best fried chicken I've had in 15 years!”
Review of South

South
Ranked #26 of 2,216 Restaurants in Sacramento
Cuisines: American
Reviewed April 2, 2017 via mobile

This is the place you've been looking for if you love fried chicken. Was in Sacramento for a conference & decided to see the capital building and grab a bite. Luckily we were on the early side for eating dinner at 5:30 there were only 3 people shed of us on line to order but by the time we got our food the line was out the door by 6 pm. Perfectly fried chicken and heavenly light biscuit. My friends had shrimp po boys and devoured them. Great selection of interesting beers. I have not had better fried chicken since u was in Atlanta 15 years ago! Friendly service, lovely casual vibe. If I ever pass through this way again - no question I'm going to South!

Reviewed March 26, 2017 via mobile

Had lunch here recently. You wait in line to order and then get a table. We started with Bloody Mary's which were spicy and very tasty. I ordered the Fried Chicken Sandwich, my wife had the seafood gumbo, and my son the burger. My sandwich had a large piece of spicy chicken while the gumbo came with a large king crab leg. My son left none of his burger. We will return to sample more of the extensive menu.

Reviewed March 24, 2017

Great place to drop into counter service with a twist, you need to be ready to relax as its cooked to order, so take your time and enjoy the total package, Fried Chicken and Mac and Cheese was excellent.

Reviewed March 15, 2017

This was our first visit to South. The fried chicken was simply delightful! Our group tried a number of different dishes. All were so tasty. I had the shrimp with grits. The sauce was so flavorful. And of course we couldn't pass up on the biscuits. They were flaky, fluffy and golden. It was a 30 minute wait to order and another 30 minutes to get our food. You have to be patient. The wait is so worth it! .

Reviewed March 8, 2017

Huge lines all evening and after eating can understand why. Well prepared food, nothing we wouldn't eat again. Service was great. Have portable iPad so can order more beverages, or food.