“Great Place to Stop, Have "Large" Deli with many selections, also Picnic Grounds ....”
Review of V. Sattui Winery

Small-Group Napa Wine Tour With Castello di Amorosa And Lunch
Ranked #3 of 119 things to do in St. Helena
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: V. Sattui Winery is a family-owned property located in the heart of Napa Valley, which was founded in 1885 and makes more than 60 different wines with dozens of 90+ point rated wines among its current vintages. It is a stunning, must-see Napa Valley destination for picnics, weddings and events, offering an impressively robust Cheese Shop with more than 200 selections, an excellent Deli directed by Chef Gerardo Sainato, and a Salumeria directed by Stefano Masanti. The sprawling estate includes two-dozen picnic tables nestled beneath ancient Valley Oak trees and tri-level terraces that overlook beautifully manicured gardens and vineyards.
Reviewed 19 September 2017

Very nice Winery to stop at, they are usually crowded in the Wine Tasting room, they have a few really good wines. However they have a awesome "Deli" with a very large selection of fresh Meats, Cheese, Bread, etc .... They also have a large outside picnic and grass area to enjoy the Wine and Deli. You can also get Sandwiches in the deli as well as dessert, and many different types of condiments to take with you. Many times on weekends they also do BBQ's outdoors during the summer. Overall one of the better wineries for the overall experience, maybe not the best if you are strictly looking for fine wines, but one of the best for ambiance and overall amenities. Is a bit difficult to see / find, and there is only one entrance.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,657)

Reviewed 18 September 2017

I visited 9 wineries on my trip to Napa, this was the only one the tour guide adamantly said to NOT eat a grape! In fact, every other place wanted you to try one! Other than that, this winery was great. The wines were good and the grounds beautiful. Try to get a tasting in the cellar - very nice. The gift shop has lots of food to try as well as more wines to taste. Wish I had more time at this winery to do an inside tasting that consisted of more wines that I was interested in.

Reviewed 15 September 2017 via mobile

We made the mistake of booking a tour and tasting. The tour was ten minutes and definitely not worth the extra ten dollars a person. The draw at this winery is the food it is fresh and delicious. If I had a redo I would just buy a bottle, a set up and lunch and enjoy it on their grounds
I had a 2 for 1 coupon from our b&b but because I had booked the tour they would not honor it. My mistake ....

Reviewed 14 September 2017 via mobile

There was a group of six of us, and none of us were impressed with the wine. They do have a nice deli and picnic area. My husband and I split a roast beef sandwich which was very good.

Reviewed 10 September 2017 via mobile

Tried their 5 wine tasting flight but sent 3 wines back because they were corked. Our server forgot the wines we asked for and had very little knowledge of the wines. We stopped for lunch here and enjoyed a casual BBQ ribs and sandwich under the trees on the lawn.