A charming and historic house with 3 or 4 rooms, furnished with antiques (and a TV, which must be a recent addition) beside a great redwood tree. The atmosphere was friendly and Carlos or Lisa joined us each night on the porch (which had a great swing) for wine (provided). They went out of their way to make sure we were comfortable and knew a wealth of information. There's a refrigerator in the drawing room which you may use, and which has a small selection of drinks on the honor system. The outdoor hot tub is very private and you may use it whenever you like, no restrictions. The property is right on the edge of downtown, for great shopping, and is less than a mile from the Culinary Institute of America (worth visiting!). The breakfast (one seating at 9:00) was really wonderful-eggs benedict, or belgian waffles with great sausages. I can't recommend this highly enough, it was a real highlight of our trip.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to our Napa Valley bed and breakfast! We invite you to experience the romantic charm and "warm and enthusiastic hospitality" of our 1872 Victorian bed and breakfast inn. This California bed and breakfast is in a perfect location... right in the center of the finest wineries of Napa Valley. You can walk to fine and casual dining, historic Beringer Vineyards... and unique shopping in beautiful and quaint downtown St. Helena. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your Inn St Helena reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ambrose Bierce House Hotel St. Helena
- Inn St Helena St. Helena, Napa Valley, CA