Hotel St. Helena
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Wydown Hotel(St. Helena)
View Hotel
Eagle & Rose Hotel(St. Helena)
View Hotel
El Bonita Motel(St. Helena)
Harvest Inn(St. Helena)
View Hotel
Meadowood Napa Valley(St. Helena)
Auberge du Soleil(Rutherford)
Rancho Caymus Inn(Rutherford)
View Hotel
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed June 19, 2017

This was not a good hotel experience! It was terrible! They have absolutely nothing to offer. I would never go back. They did not give what they offered! All bad news!
Unbelievably over priced for absolutely nothing!

5  Thank rebeccapiziali
Reviewed May 2, 2017

We spent one weekend night at that place and ended up paying over $500 just for the room. At that price we clearly expected a nice and well maintained hotel. What we got instead was a run-down dump where the room was at 86 degrees all night long (they claim to have central AC but this did not work), the room was tiny (barely enough space to stand on either side of the bed or to store luggage), the carpet smelled and looked as if it should have been remodeled 20 years ago, the bathroom was too small and not well maintained and the mattress on the bed was way past its prime. They also claim to have breakfast included but this consists of stale bread and 3 kinds of cereals; it does not start before 8:30 AM. When you leave they will not ask if you liked your stay or if you want to come back; they know the answer. My recommendation is to stay anywhere but not at that place. Saint Helena is not such a happening place that you have to stay downtown.

Room Tip: There's nothing good that I could think of
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
4  Thank michaelE8585858
Reviewed May 2, 2017

To begin, I booked two rooms on Jan. 19th through Orbitz. The reservation was listed as a "pay later" reservation. The day I booked the rooms $2,156.00 was charged on my credit card. The reservation wasn't until April 25th and was for 4 nights. One week later, I needed to cancel just the last night. I tried for weeks to call. NO ONE ever answers the phone and occasionally an answering service will pick up and take a message, but no one from the hotel ever returned a phone call. After numerous phone calls to Orbitz, who in turn, called the hotel and never got an answer, they finally reached the hotel, whose reply was, "Nope, can't cancel the last night". It was not written in any cancellation policy that changes to the reservation were not allowed. I eventually got so fed up, that I cancelled the entire reservation on April 6th (before the cancellation deadline). I waited 2 weeks for the credit to show. Nothing. Called the hotel over and over, finally I reach Mary, who says they can't refund the money because they never received the cancellation from Orbitz. Called Orbitz, who confirmed that the cancellation was sent to Hotel St. Helena on April 6th. On April 25th, Orbitz resent the cancellation to the hotel and confirmed that they received it. It is now May 2nd, and the money has still not been refunded to my credit card!!! And of course, no one answers the phone.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business
5  Thank lparker2017
Reviewed April 30, 2017 via mobile

DO NOT STAY HERE!!!
The most unappealing, dump hotel and we paid $511 for the night. Their website looked so nice and, yes, it was on the heart of downtown, but everything is misrepresented. We thought at that price it was par to The Four Seasons.
The room is extremely tiny and very hot. The bed was too old and we woke up with an aching back. It also reminded me of the Hollywood Tower of Terror (seriously)! The entry way smelled like the campground bathroom.
Not to mention the stuck up attitude of the staff. I would not stay here even if they offer it for free!!! Motel 6 or campground would have been more appropriate at this situation.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Kyra E
Reviewed April 13, 2017

Very messy arrangements and management....but this hotel ended up being perfect for us because we were the only guests in three rooms. We gathered in the "common" space on the second floor right outside our rooms. We set up a bar and had a great time. Round the edges, this was a very strange place.
There is a lobby, but no one managing it. You have to call to get in. No ice. We bought ice, but then later couldn't get it from the freezer. We were told there would be no breakfast, but then the "manager" changed her mind and made us a lovely breakfast. It was just simply unclear how any of this worked. Great location and lovely clean rooms. The place should have been full, but I think the word is out that it is unpredictable and therefore not relaxing. I had booked the rooms so felt responsible. the website is lovely, but the systems do not work at any level.

Room Tip: choose off the main street. Lots of noisy trucks run through town early am. No idea why that is allowed in a historic town, but it is.
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled with friends