“A great place for breakfast. ”
Review of Gillwoods Cafe

Gillwoods Cafe
Ranked #11 of 52 Restaurants in St. Helena
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed May 26, 2018 via mobile

A local spot with a community table. Extensive breakfast menu, items freshly prepared and served with a smile. Lots of regular breakfast items plus some of their own.

Reviewed April 28, 2018

This place was hopping at 7:30 on a Saturday morning. It was filled with locals and I can see why. The menu offers everything you might want for breakfast, the coffee is great, and the portions are huge. I had the corned beef hash with toast. Very nice. The corned beef had been in the pan separately so it had a little crisp to it. The toast were big slabs of break. My friend had the eggs benedict and hash browns and it was also huge; she brought some home. Service was friendly and efficient. All in all, a very nice job. Would highly recommend if you have a big appetite.

Reviewed April 16, 2018

We stopped by shortly before closing on a Monday afternoon. They close at 3:00. The menu is mostly breakfast items, salads, soups, and sandwiches. I had the ham and bean soup. Very thick, lots of ham and beans in a great broth. I also had the tuna salad stuffed tomato. It comes with a green salad. Very fresh ingredients. My wife had the chicken, apple, and walnut salad. Both salads were excellent. My wife's salad came with a curry vinaigrette dressing that she really liked. Great service. We would definitely go back, if we had the opportunity.

Reviewed April 4, 2018

Not a slick city cafe or franchise cafe but a genuine and authentic country cafe. Obviously a favourite of locals for an early breakfast. Had a huevos rancheros which was enjoyable, not the best I've had but appropriate to start the day , the tortillas were too soft and the overall dish too liquid.

Reviewed March 19, 2018 via mobile

The food was good and fresh. I went with 10 of my family members and had a great time. I would defiantly recommend. The pancakes were great but the berries that came with them were definitely lacking. They seemed soggy and definitely not fresh. Other then that, The food was amazing!