My wife and I have been wanting to stay at the Meadowood for over three years. The timing finally came together Jan 2018! The property is awesome! Pristine, quiet, and very private.
We stayed in the Woodland Suite, approximately 600 square feet with a California king bed, a full body length window seat for reading, separate sitting room, and a cozy fireplace. We also had a private patio area for outdoor reading and relaxing. Unfortunately, we couldn't maximize the outdoor chairs because of rain.
We took a quick tour of The Spa and immediately booked massage treatments after viewing the private couples suite that includes a private bathroom, steam shower, separate seating area for relaxing or reading and two massage tables. Unlike most spa treatments where you change in a locker room, wait in a central waiting area with other people, get walked to your treatment room, then walked back to the locker room, the Meadowood Spa suite experience is designed so you never have to leave the private suite! They have several spa treatment options all of which include about 3 hours in the private suite. Book your spa reservation in advance, they open at 9:30 am, so you have the afternoon open for wine tasting. 60-minute massage in the private suite is $225, a 60-minute facial is $235. They also have a mineral soaking bath at 140 degrees along with a tranquil garden area where you can enjoy a cup of tea and other snacks.
We didn't have time to play tennis or croquet but we did participate in an early morning fitness classes: Cardio Weight Training with Kerry. Classes are complimentary and you just show up for classes at the designated time. Classes are 6:15 am to 1:15 pm on Wednesdays and Fridays. On the other days, the schedule varies. Other classes include Stretch and Relax, Gentle Yoga, Core Balance, TRX Circuit Training, Callanetics, Cycle, Pilates. We also hiked 1 of 3 different trails on the property. We did the 1.6-mile Fitness Loop. The Meadowood Loop is the longest trail at 2.4 miles. They also have 6 running routes 2-12 miles long and 5 biking routes 10-28 miles long. We used the Meadowood bikes and rode to Lake Hennessey. It was about a 12 mile there and back with some pretty long steep climbs!
The Meadowood staff was exceptional! Ryan Dorman, our Guest Services Rep, was awesome! He scheduled a private wine tasting for us at Quintessa and Stony Hill the very same day we arrived in St Helena! He provided us with a personalized itinerary with directions and maps. It was just a very nice touch that we appreciated. The following day, Ryan booked another private wine tasting at Failla and an olive oil tasting at Round Pond. The next time we go to Meadowood, we'll reach out to Ryan to help plan our next visit with more advance notice. Ryan was exceptional!
We dined at the 3 star Michelin "The Restaurant" and it was amazing! (That will be a separate review.) Unfortunately, Chef Christopher Kostow was at the One & Only Palmilla in Cabo so we didn't get to meet him at "The Restaurant" or at The Charter Oak Restaurant where we dined the night before.
Overall, Meadowood is the best of the best and highly recommended!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Meadowood is a center of social, cultural and viticultural life in Napa Valley and a second home for those who enjoy the beauty and hospitality of the wine country. The property features championship croquet lawns, seven tennis courts, a nine-hole walking golf course, hiking trails, swimming, a Forbes Travel Guide Five-Star spa, wine experiences, an annual cultural affairs calendar, guest rooms, suites and cottages and Michelin three-star dining in The Restaurant. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Priceline, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Meadowood Napa Valley reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Meadowood Napa Valley Hotel St. Helena
- Meadowood Napa Valley Resort
- Meadowood Napa Valley St. Helena, CA