See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed December 5, 2017

The place is as rundown, dirty and unsafe as everyone else says. Worse, when I got into my room I pulled back the sheets on the bed and saw clear evidence of bedbugs. I did not spend the night.

This motel is probably suitable for homeless people with very little money.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed March 26, 2017 via mobile

Astro motel was by far the worst motel I have ever stayed in. The rooms were unsafe and a complete safety hazard. Anyone could easily break in the door with ease because of the door that was clearly broken into before. The Manager/owner was incompetent and tried to overcharge for every single thing he could think of. He charged for more people than we had and charged us for a late check out when we were only 5 minutes over. I will be calling the health department to do a investigation for the health concern of this run down, unclean, and unsafe motel. I HIGHLY recommend refraining from booking a room at this so called "Motel". I would recommend staying in a cardboard box in an ally than another night at Astro Motel.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Nate G
Reviewed September 29, 2015 via mobile

This was unmistakably THE worst place I have ever stayed in my life. If I could give it negative stars I would....The husband and I had attended a show at the college, not intending to stay over night, but found ourselves too exhausted for the trip home and stopped at the first motel we found near downtown San bernardino.(we were unfamiliar with the area at the time) What a horrible experience.All I wanted was a bed for the night and not expecting the stay we were low on cash. Well, you truly get what you pay for. The clerk at the desk, an older woman, was not only rude, but kept insisting that there were no dogs allowed.She must have said it ten times before I left the lobby to wait outside. The room once we got there was completely sub par. Not that I expected the Ritz Carlton, but the bathroom was barely more than a mirror, haphazardly a fixed to the wall, a toilet that I was sure to fall thru the floor and a bathtub so vile, I chose not to shower. Even though check out time was posted as eleven am... We got a knock on the door at 945 am asking us to check out. What? I said we would be leaving at eleven. At 1030 another knock. This time a man, in even more broken English than his female counter part, saying check out time. Wow. So at this point, we grabbed our laptops and simply walked to the car, to set them down, while we gathered the rest of our stuff, before I could grab my purse and other belongings he had gone into our room and grabbed the remote for the TV. And was inspecting for damage before we had even left. Then I was told that I couldn't get my key deposit back because they didn't have the correct change. Nuts to that! Since then when we frequent the area, we stay up the Street at the allstar lounge. Good price and a clean up to date room. Thank you.

Stayed: September 2015, travelled on business
3  Thank Lilia G
Reviewed July 11, 2015 via mobile

This motel doesn't try to be anything more than a way station for someone who is either heading to or away from the LA area and just can't drive any farther. The couple at the front desk are sweet as buttons and the rooms are clean. Don't come here for lots of super modern amenities but a good cheap safe place to lay your head before getting back on the road.

Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed July 16, 2014

At first glance this little cheap motel appears like a sweet deal in Culver City on busy Sepulveda Boulevard, but trust me - at $ 60-68/ night - you will be paying for nothing less than a nightmare of a stay. The carpets smell, the linens smell like they have been cloroxed to death, and the televisions sometimes work and sometimes not. The place ( and I have stayed in several different rooms to try it out) has a lingering stench that defies description ,like a lingering gas vapor oozing from the walls. Then there is the invisible toxic mold in room # 21. I think the Department of Health should shut the place down. Don't stay there is you value your health - it's a genuine hazard.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business