See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed February 3, 2018 via mobile

Disappointing! We are used to stay in simple hotels. It’s very easy make us happy and comfortable. We experienced several Motel 6 around California but it was the worst experience ever. There were homeless and drunk people inside the Motel. We felt inside a ashtray! Bed smells cigaret. Do not recommend this place to anyone. Motel 6 please remove this place from your company. It was a disaster.
Good point (yes, always there is a good point): close to Walmart

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
3  Thank momdadlittleprince
6Team, Guest Relations Manager at Motel 6 San Bernardino North, responded to this reviewResponded February 7, 2018

Dear Guest, Thank you for sharing your feedback. We are committed to delivering a clean, comfortable visit and apologize for any failure in following through on that commitment during your recent stay. We strive to provide a decent, pleasant stay and are disappointed your visit was unsatisfactory due to the odor concern you describe. Safety and security are high priorities within Motel 6 standards for quality, and we regret you felt differently during your stay. We encourage you to contact our Guest Relations department at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your visit to help us provide a better guest experience in the future.

Reviewed September 3, 2017

So, I'll start off by fulling admitting the reason I ended up here was my fault. I took a vacation weekend, and didn't realize it was labor until it was too late to do anything. Night 1 I did ok, found a room up in the mountains. But, as of Saturday everything was booked up full. So, the nearest reasonably price place, was this motel 6.

Now, I'm not super nitpicky. I don't need fancy, I don't need to feel special in a place like this. It's a room, with a bed, and AC, that is usually enough to satisfy me!

So, upon check in, the clerks at the counter were pleasant, and I have no issue there (I believe one of their names was Erica, the one who directly helped me.) Got up to my room on the third floor, and it was pretty basic, but, again, that's all I need.

So, I'm not sure if they have long term residents, or just complete a-holes staying there this weekend, but the people 1 door over kept slamming their door every 20-40 minutes until about midnight, then again at about 5:30/6:00am. I know this isn't the motels fault, so I'm just stating, for other travelers, just in case. The people there seemed really sketchy to me, just the way they acted.

So, as another commenter said, the freeway on ramp is right across the back parking lot (my room was facing it) and apparently this weekend was the rally for every d-bag with no muffler. So that got old, but, luckily it wasn't constant.

So, the room. Again, pretty basic, which is fine. There is a fee to use the wifi, which I wish the site would have mentioned. But, ok, not bad prices. But you can only use a prepaid card. So, no worries, I don't have to have wifi, I guess.

Now, I've included a few pictures. Over all, at first look, the room seemed fine. Nothing of note. But, as the hours went on, one of the towels in the bathroom had, I'm assuming, makeup on it (I wasn't wearing any pink of blue, so not me!) The bathroom door looked like someone kicked a hole in it, and they just put masking tape over it. The tube shelving over the toilet, for the extra towels, had someone's glasses in it (I can forgive the odd cobwebs, or dust, but, it's right there, not at all hidden. Kinda made me curious as to how clean everything was now)

The last bit, I have no idea what it was. Random reddish jelly looking spots, hoping it wasn't blood, but I'm not going to inspect it. lol Plus a triple cigarette burn hole set on the blanket.

I get that every business has to be as profitable as it can, without doing damage elsewhere. I know that well. But, the holes are dead center of the sheet. The glass? The makeup? That's either crap housekeeping, or management rushing them to clean rooms and cut corners.

I definitely would never stay at this location again. Even if everything else was nice, the freeway noise would put me off, personally. Plus having random people try to open your door, and knock on it after 11 made the entire stay really uncomfortable, and not, at all, worth the $93 I paid.

Oh, and last note, when I went to check out, there was one lady in the front office (didn't see her name badge) who spent the first 5-7 minutes of me trying to check out, in the office on the phone. I actually had another guest, or whoever that other lady was in the lobby, trying to get her attention. I'm not fully knocking points off, as I'm pretty patient. But, at the very least some sort of recognition that she's aware of peopel in the lobby would have been nice.

Room Tip: Go elsewhere if possible
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
2  Thank FatallyLost
Reviewed July 24, 2017

It took the front desk 2 tries to get our door keys to work.......then my wifes failed to open the door after we went out to dinner! Homeless camps were visable just across the street, as well. The room? Tiny flatscreen, no bathtub, one towel, no hair dryer, but at least the A/C worked. One ice machine in the lobby, and only coffee in the lobby for breakfast........... We just felt unsafe! Only good thing about the overnight stay was the Mexican Bar & Grill next door.

Room Tip: slow elivator, so 3rd floor is a pain.......
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
2  Thank DJGREG
6Team, Brand Experience Team at Motel 6 San Bernardino North, responded to this reviewResponded July 27, 2017

Dear Greg, Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We strive to deliver a great guest experience, but it sounds as though we did not perform to our usual standards in this case. Please know the issues you describe are an exception to our guest commitment and as such, we apologize. We encourage you to contact our Guest Relations department at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your visit to help us provide a better guest experience in the future.

Reviewed March 21, 2017 via mobile

This motel 6 in the north end of San Bernardino really ought to be ashamed of themselves. I received a coupon from motel 6 themselves offering me 15 percent off through the end of March if I made a reservation between March 14-march 16. I painstakingly made a reservation for each and every day from March 16 thru March 31. Well today march 20 I tried to pay for my reservation only to find I didn't have one. Wait a minute, I KNOW FOR A FACT I made a reservation, so what's going on. My husband I argued because he said I didn't make one and come to find out motel 6 cancelled the reservation!!! When I asked why would they do that I was told because they are greedy. When I told my husband this I was then informed that when he went to pay this past weekend, they were not giving him the discounted rate I made the reservation for. The motel itself is cancelling the lower price reservation to get more money. Not only is that unscrupulous and horrible business practice it's morally wrong. We are homeless, we have a 9 year old and 2 year old. We are not looking. For handouts, we pay our bill. Is it to much to ask TT I be treated fairly? Last Friday my card was 40 cents short, they wouldn't allow me to pay the difference of 40 cents in cash. This motel 6 needs to take the money they got from not honoring my confirmation price and spend it on an extimantor for their roach problem and ettiquette class for the front desk staff

Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Maria R
Reviewed November 6, 2016 via mobile

This motel cost me $94 and it was not even worth $40! It was so so dirty and there was cigarettes everywhere! Even thought they gave me another room it was still smelling like someone had just smoked in the room! Bedding and blanks had cigarette burns on them! I had to clean the toilet and the shower floor with a towel and my anti bacteria gel! The towels were dirty and thank goodness I had a blanket in the car and did not have to use their blanket!

Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family