“How hard is it to smile or check back ”

Selma's Chicago Pizzeria
Ranked #41 of 229 Restaurants in San Clemente
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed May 6, 2016 via mobile

Decided to come here tonight with my wife and two kids. We called ahead to check on the wait. The hostess put me on hold for a second to check. Came back and there was no wait for the patio. Great. We get there and they offer us a booth. Also great. Sat for 8-10 minutes before our server came by. When he finally came up, there was no greeting, no smile. "What do you want to drink"? How about thanks for coming in tonight. What can I get you to drink? Can I suggest anything for you? Maybe just a smile. He took our drink and app order and left. Came back after another 10 minutes and asked "are you going to order anything else"? Damn. We placed our order. The food runners came out with our food. My youngest got chicken tenders. No ketchup?! And there was no Parmesan on the table. Our server didn't come by to see if we needed anything. I finally flagged down a hostess for them. She brought them right away. We are and our server came up and asked if we wanted boxes. No mention of anything else? Dessert maybe? I asked for the check with the boxes. He came back with the check and boxes and asked if we wanted the mints? You ask if we will take your free mints that come with the check? We never got one drink refill. The food was alright. Service was about as bad as I have ever experienced. If you do decide to come here make sure you don't sit in Dallas's section. Or just call dominos. Almost forgot to mention. Went into the restroom to wash my hands and one of the busboys was picking up trash around the toilet. He wasn't wearing gloves, threw what he had picked up in the trash can and left without washing his hands.

Reviewed April 21, 2016

Selma's is always our first stop when we arrive. Love the family atmosphere and the pizza rates very high with us. Very warm and friendly.

Reviewed April 16, 2016

We got in late to our condo and decided to order a pizza and were so pleasantly surprised by the quality of Selma's. It was just one of our 4 experiences with them, including eating in the restaurant itself. Excellent pizza and sandwiches.

Reviewed April 14, 2016

we had a take out which was excellent. Typical America sized pizzas absolutely crammed with toppings. We made the mistake of ordering a lage for sharing between two but should have ordered a medium. Very hot and spicey, fairly pricey but worth the extra

Reviewed February 27, 2016

Brought my granddaughter here, she wanted to sit on the patio. We enjoyed a Chicago deep,dish pizza, it was fantastic! I loved the wine as well.