“Awesome Seafood Tacos”

dia de pesca, day of fishing
Ranked #90 of 2,345 Restaurants in San Jose
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Reviewed September 1, 2015

I thought their selection of seafood, not just fish, for the tacos, is unmatched by any other restaurant I've ever been to.

Reviewed August 19, 2015

Eating at Dia is just like walking into a taco bar in Baja. Fresh fish, warm smiles, good food. I cannot recommend this place enough for an informal lunch.

Reviewed August 11, 2015

We stopped here for dinner. We wanted seafood and were very happy with their offering of Mexican seafood dishes. I had halibut fish tacos and my wife had shrimp. Both were very good. The restaurant has some indoor and ample outdoor seating. We ate outside and had great service.

Reviewed August 3, 2015 via mobile

Really worth my time and money. I had a couple of fish tacos, my wife had some veggie tacos, and we shared chips and salsa - the best chips ever really: perfectly crisped (not overly cooked) and perfectly seasoned (not overly salty). Everything was so, so fresh. Best fish tacos in town.

A charmingly casual "last generation" type of place with both indoor and outdoor seating.

Make sure you bring cash! My only complaint is that they don't take cards.

Reviewed July 19, 2015

This was an outing to find fresh oysters. Had gone to another place, but they definitely didn't shuck and sell there. So, we made a stop here and ordered a dozen oysters, split a plate of snapper fish tacos and a bowl of boiled beans (not refried). I liked the fact that you had a choice between tilapia and snapper. Everything was delicious! I especially liked the boiled beans - unadulterated, plump, and soft. When the waiter walked in from outside (I think the kitchen is in a separate back room or building), with food for other tables, the food looked very inviting. I want to go back to try other items on the menu. There was a sign on the register that said "no tamales", but I didn't ask whether it was just that day (Friday) or not at all.

1  Thank Anne N