“Great fish tacos”

dia de pesca, day of fishing
Ranked #71 of 2,524 Restaurants in San Jose
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Reviewed August 19, 2016 via mobile

Great food and place; also great price! We had fish tacos and they were delicious! Great family and relaxing atmosphere; food was served quickly!

Date of visit: August 2016

Reviewed August 6, 2016 via mobile

As far as fish tacos/burritos go in San Jose, this is a reasonable option. They have a nice variety of fish to choose from and they dress them quite well.

Do they serve up the best fish tacos ever? No. But if you have a need for a pretty good option. This is that place.

Candidly, I feel given the proximity to the ocean and the dense Hispanic population, I would expect a slightly elevated execution from somewhere in San Jose. Just haven't found it yet.

Date of visit: August 2016
Reviewed March 23, 2016

We've eaten dinner at Dia de Pesca on several occasions this last year (2015). Be sure to bring CASH! They have many choices for fish tacos. The food is reasonably priced. During our last visit our server spilled our food on us and did not bother to apologize but quickly walked back to the kitchen area. This is an exception and not the norm. We would recommend to family and friends visiting from out of town.

Date of visit: December 2015
1  Thank bellabookworm8x8
Reviewed March 2, 2016

This is my go to South Bay spot for fis tacos. They've got snapper, octopus, shrimp, huachinango and more. Their sea food has always been fresh. The cooks have a really light hand in frying their calamari. Clam chowder is creamy although it might be light for some tastes. It can be busy at lunch. There is limited parking onsite. If you can't get yo Baja, then head over o Dia de Pesca.

Date of visit: February 2016
Reviewed January 13, 2016

Great reviews led my husband and I to dia de pesca and to a quick meal at a local favorite. While we were there several people stopped by to pick up carry out and seemed to be regulars. Always a good sign. This small restaurant had a creative menu. I had a delicious prawn taco as well as a house special chicken taco, which was kind of an Asian fusion. I liked both and my husband really enjoyed his shrimp and crab flautas. The rice and whole bean sides were also tasty and the double corn tortilla tacos were well spiced. I always appreciate a Mexican restaurant that uses different foods and condiments. After all the peanut sauce and cilantro on the chicken taco wouldn't have worked on the seafood selections. BTW you can get several kinds of seafood tacos, enchiladas, etc.--snapper, tilapia, octopus....

Date of visit: January 2016