All reviews jacuzzi tub whole foods sap arena canned fruit paper plates walking distance hockey game train station sharks game room was large bit dated an older hotel free breakfast is hotel room beds were comfortable microwave event
Reviewed April 19, 2012

I was visiting my daughter who is in college in SJSU and decided to stay here for a week because it was close to the campus and was reasonably priced compared to most of the hotels in the San Jose area. I was surprised and delighted with the size and the facilites the room had to offer. The room was huge with a full sized refridgerator microwave and a two ring cooker, a large T.V. and a huge jacuzzi in the bathroom.

The large bed was really comfortable as was the hotel in general. There was a complimentary continental breakfast which was more than adequate to set you up for the day. The staff were lovely especially the front desk they printed out directions for me on more than one occasion and made phone calls on my behalf free of charge. The parking and wifi were free which was a bonus as most hotels charge for these nowadays

All in all I had a wonderful stay here and would have no hesitation in recommending this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed April 12, 2012

We stayed in this hotel as a stopover before we headed to the CA Central Coast. We got a discounted deal online and for that price, I could not have picked a better hotel or location. The staff were so nice and the rooms clean and well-equipped (fridge, Microwave). It also was very quiet - the only noise I heard was the cleaning in the morning.

One downside, no shuttle from the airport or to downtown. It almost made us pass this one up, but we opted for an over-priced cab and were not disappointed, once we arrived. They advertise evening snacks, which were very limited, so we hopped next door to the CVS and loaded up on our own version of snacks and cocktails. No swimming pool, but it was cold when we were there, so it was fine. Hiked to the Amtrak station the next morning (about 4 blocks) and headed south. Would definitely choose this property again!

Room Tip: Garden tub rooms are very nice! Ask for the rooms away from the street.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed April 3, 2012

Our family of four stayed at this hotel in March. As most of the other reviewers have said, the outside is new and the inside is dated. We booked a one bedroom suite. The bedroom was roomy but pillows were lacking. We requested and were given a rollaway bed which made the sleeping arrangements simple. My one complaint is that the website states that there is a light evening meal provided. This consisted of a small basket of crackers, a dish of salsa, some cheese cubes and a dish of fruit (this was for the entire hotel, not one person.) When I asked, the desk clerk stated that the website was misleading. When I booked, I planned on feeding the family a big lunch and enjoying their light dinner. No such luck. I ended up having to buy dinner for four each night as well. The breakfast was abundant although they did run out of items quickly and did not refill the trays. The location was good, there is a coffee house across the street and several restaurants within walking distance.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank DMZ10239
Reviewed March 27, 2012

Very large rooms w/ a mini kitchen to our surprise. The 2 peron tub was great. Very close to HP Pavillion and that was our goal. Very impressive for the price.

Room Tip: Ask for Third floor- very high ceilings and request a room away from Alameda Blvd
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed March 22, 2012

This is my wife and I fourth time staying at this hotel. It is in the perfect location if you are planning to attend any events at HP Pavillion. The parking is free if you are staying there and is is an easy couple block walk to HP Pavillion. Our room was clean with plenty of room. The only minor complaint I have is when you flushed the toilet in our room #206 you had to hold down the handle. Also the towel holder above the toilet had rust on it and it would not hurt to maybe put some paint on the bathroom walls. And also maybe provide a local TV channel guide for the rooms other than just the HBO guide. Because one has no clue what is on what channels.

The breakfast buffet was excellent. There was plenty of a selection that you could choose from to take care of the morning food craving.

Overall this hotel is a very good especially for the price. Free breakfast, free Wifi, there is a computer in the lobby if you need to use it, the staff is very helpful if you have any questions or issues. We will definitely be staying there again when my wife and I make our yearly trip to San Jose to see the Sharks play.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family