“Beautiful Rooftop with good seafood”

Scott's Seafood - San Jose
Reserve with OpenTable
Scott's Seafood - San Jose is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #20 of 2,485 Restaurants in San Jose
Price range: US$40 - US$60
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Child-friendly, View
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Between Market Street and Almaden Blvd.
Description: Scott's Seafood Restaurant is a Bay Area tradition in the heart of downtown San Jose. Their American regional cuisine features the freshest seafood and prime dry aged steaks. Enjoy views of San Jose and the surrounding hills of Silicon Valley from the sixth floor. The interior is inviting for all occasions, from casual dining to special occasions, business meetings or your next event.
Reviewed June 27, 2018 via mobile

Beautiful outdoor Rooftop setting. They made my daughter's 21st birthday dinner special by making an effort of printing a special menu with my daughter's name.
Start with Jumbo Wrapped Prawns, Fried Calamari, Jumbo Lump Crab Cakes, Clam Chowder soup and Pear&Strawberry salad.
Entrees were Cioppino, Chive crusted Rainbow trout, Almond crusted Seabass, Seafood Jambalaya.
They were all fresh and very well cooked.
Nothing special with their desserts of Warm Molten Chocolate Cake, New York cheesecake, and Vanilla bean creme Brulee.
So as the waitress who tended our table. She didn't check on how we're doing, not refilling our drinks, forgot our sourdough bread until we asked. Otherwise,
$420 was a satisfying celebratory dinner.

Reviewed June 25, 2018

This is a great location. Especially if you are visiting and staying at the Fairmont as it is walking distance. It is popular with play goers, Shark fans, and concert goers who like to eat dinner prior to their event.

The rooftop bar is great during the summer and has an updated, modern design.

The food is a bit pricey, however, for the quality. I would liken it to many of the tourist type restaurant quality that SF offers. If their seafood was just a little bit fresher, I would eat there more often. It is usually a fun, mature crowd, however, which I enjoy.

Reviewed June 16, 2018

I booked this restaurant based on the reviews it has received at the appearance of the restaurant in photo's I had seen online. We arrived a little early but that was no trouble and we were promptly shown to our table. The restaurant is reasonably large but you don't get this feel when you are dining and the decor is nice. i started with the seared blackened Ahi which was really nice, my wife had the prawn cocktail which unfortunately she could not finish as one of the prawns were no good. Credit to the staff though, they quickly took this off the bill and offered a free desert. I had the Alaskan Halibut for my main and felt that it was overcooked and a little dry.My wife had the sauteed prawns , scallops and dungeness crab which was okay. It was okay but for the cost I would not rave about .

Reviewed May 21, 2018

The best restaurant was in San Jose - a place called Scott's Seafood located at 185 Park Avenue. I really recommend Scott's for a marvelous dinner. Not a jacket and tie place for sure; all forms of dress were observed when we were there last Friday evening. But the seafood was wonderfully prepared with an assortment of spices and sauces which made for a truly exceptional dining experience. And we have dined in a lot of places around the world -- Scott's on Park Avenue in San Jose is one of the best for us. If you can work it into your schedule, make a booking and go some evening. Parking is easy and comped. And I suggest that you bring your own favorite wine - the corkage fee is minimal.

Reviewed May 20, 2018

good sea food , good ambiance, easy parking in bldg. Medium prices. Scott's seafood is a mini chain, with restaurants in SF

Been to Scott's Seafood - San Jose? Share your experiences!