“Fabrics and Textures Rule Here!”

San Jose Museum of Quilts & Textiles
Ranked #32 of 147 things to do in San Jose
More attraction details
Owner description: This museum traces the history of quilt making and contains beautiful examples of different quilting styles.
Reviewed October 27, 2015

Always amazing exhibits full of color and texture and creativity to delight. All quilts are objects of art in my opinion though these in particular are not just your standard quilts, quilts as creative and expressive art. Besides they have a wonderful gift shop not to be missed and First Friday Nights at the San Jose Museum of Quilts and Textiles are the best!

1  Thank ProudCalifNative
"thousands"
"parking"
in 4 reviews

Reviewed October 24, 2015

Although the museum only has a small collection of quilts and exhibits on display, it was enough to inspire me to pick up sewing again. There were so many types of quilts on display, they were fun and colorful, and reminded me that quilting should be enjoyable and fun, not perfect!

Reviewed August 23, 2015

This is a modest museum with two large display areas. When we went, there was a show on upcycled clothing that was very creative, and another exhibit on unusual quilts that was very interesting. The gift shop had some nice items, and there are apparently some crafts or classes available. This museum has an appeal for seamstresses (me) and quilters (not me) which was very nice.

Reviewed August 5, 2015

I expected this place to be larger. There were two exhibits to look at, which took only a half hour to tour. The things we saw were interesting, but not exactly what I was hoping for. If you are wanting to see various quilt designs and different levels of workmanship, they weren't there, at least for this visit. I was interested in seeing better quality quilts or very old quilts with unique histories. The textile room had items which were very well done, but not to my liking. The exhibits do change, so I am not aware of what they have had in the past or what may be coming in the future. Be aware that the museum closes at 2:00 on Sat. and Sun., and reopens at 2:30. Save your receipt if you happen to get there before 2:00 and would like more time.

2  Thank Kim L
See more reviews
Reviewed July 10, 2015

I appreciated the small collection because I've done some needlework and therefore appreciate the tremendous amount of effort and creativity that went into each item on display. My husband, who has never done needlework, was uninterested in the collection. Check out the interesting display in the tiny park across the street. Bring quarters for parking meter.