“Enjoyed a new eating experience”

Isabella's Restaurant
Ranked #891 of 2,524 Restaurants in San Jose
Cuisines: Peruvian
Description: Isabella's is a great Peruvian restaurant
Description: Isabella's is a great Peruvian restaurant
Reviewed April 29, 2018

I have never eaten Peruvian food before. I liked it. The menu offers a wide variety from meat to fish. I shared bass cerviche. Excellent. Then grilled sea bad and fed rice. The accompanying salad didn’t seem to fit with the entre. The corn accompaniment was delicious.
For desert we had plantain and a special,ice cream

This is a small restaurant in a little shopping center. A little hard to find. But it can’t be too hard as it has been in business for 11 years. Eating here is like being in someone’s home. The waiter was so friendly. Service was excellent.

Date of visit: April 2018
1  Thank 2232KenJi

Reviewed March 24, 2017

Great food, great service. Lots of very authentic Peruvian menu choices, some unusual ones that you can't find in every Peruvian restaurant.

The prices are reasonable and the atmosphere was nice.

It's easy to find and parking is great.
Definitely a place to recommend. We went their twice during our stay and it was consistent in it's service (Thursday and Sunday) even though Sunday was a lot busier.

Date of visit: March 2017
1  Thank BirgM
Reviewed September 18, 2016

authentic peruvian restaurant, wonderful menu choices
good seafood and meat, and sangria
service can be improved a bit with limited waiting staff and food can take long on weekends
price reasonable

Date of visit: August 2016
Reviewed August 3, 2016

We went for father's day and they had 1 waitress, it took for ever to get service, after a long wait the anticuchos were raw, the Tiradito tasted terrible, I was so hungry but could not eat it. The most frustrating part was when they brought the bill back. We had ordered 3 plates and were charged for 4, the prices did not match the menu and we were told we had ask for Mahi-mahi and it cost more, a lie. They removed the extra plate from the list but when they brought the final bill we noticed it was the original charge with the 4 plates. I can understand the poor service and the bad food but I really disapprove of stealing. I noticed we were not the only table that was overcharged. The tricky question when we order the Anticuchos should've given us an idea. The server said " it comes with papa a la huancaina, do you want it?", in reality it is extra if you ask for huancaina, but he makes it sound that it is included. I will never go back and I hope they grow some integrity, it is never too late to learn to be honest.

Date of visit: June 2016
Reviewed March 21, 2016

Visited for Dinner on 3/20/2016 The Occasion was my daughter Girls scout troop had done a report on Peru as a Troop and rewarded with a Peruvian authentic ? Dinner. Well I had the Special steak ? And it nothing special about it. A cup of plain white rice, American French fires, beans with no taste and a strip of steak. Very bland! We had to wait quite a while for our meal.
My daughter enjoyed her friends and her desert that is why I push it to 2 stars instead of one. High light for me was the Peruvian beer.

Date of visit: March 2016

Been to Isabella's Restaurant? Share your experiences!