“One of the best Italian places with excellent gnocchi!”

Maggiano's Little Italy
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 2,454 Restaurants in San Jose
Price range: US$30 - US$60
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Transit: Bus stops in front of restaurant & local taxis
Reviewed August 12, 2015 via mobile

So I live in San Jose but am originally from upstate NY, and a lot of my food reviews can come off as critical if I had that food in NY and it was amazing.. Well finding good gnocchi out here has been a challenge but this place has got it as close to perfect as I have seen. The ambience is excellent we love how relaxed we feel. The food is delicious and its my go to place for Italian. It's moderately expensive but great food usually is! And I don't mind paying for that.

Reviewed August 5, 2015

Very noisy, service not really up to standards (the bottle of wine ordered with the entrees had to be ordered a second time, for example), but the biggest disappointment was the food. The medium rare steak was medium well, and many thought it was too tough to eat, and the peppercorn crusting was surprisingly tasteless. Salmon was tasty, but too dry, and the chicken piccata was singularly uninspired. Perhaps my rating was too generous.

Reviewed July 23, 2015

excellent food for vegetarians. I tried their classic pasta and also received a to go pasta along with it. My friend had the chicken Parmesan and informed me that it was also good.

Reviewed July 21, 2015

Maggiano's has restaurants in many locations, and this one is smack dab in Santana Row; an upscale area of San Jose where your dollar can quickly dwindle in the high end stores that line the street. We were here for a graduation party and had a private banquet room. I can only comment on what we had which was chicken picatta, lasagna, Caesar salad, tiramisu, and a apple crisp. For a large group the food was decent. The service was very attentive. I think if you want to book a private party, you can do well here.

Reviewed July 21, 2015 via mobile

This was my first time and what an experience. The menu has so many wonderful choices, and the service was top notch. Each item delivered to our table had ample portions and great flavor. It must be a popular choice because the place was packed with a line of people wait patiently.