“Awesome Dungeness Crab!”

Price range: US$4 - US$40
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Bird Ave
Description: Hello! Blue Water Seafood & Crab is Craig and Irene's first restaurant. After working for big chain restaurants for many years, Craig's dream has been to open his own place where he can cook and serve his favorite foods. When Craig and Irene got married a few of years ago, they decided it was time to do it and started looking for a location. In the summer of 2012, they found the perfect place in Willow Glen and put a lot of work into the spot to make it their own. Please come in and try us out. Why Seafood & Crab? Being from Maryland, seafood & crab are some of Craig's favs. Irene's more of a land lover, who likes a good burger. So, our menu has something for everyone, including kids. What about the Shark? Craig's a huge San Jose Sharks fan. When designing the restaurant, Craig said that a life-sized, animatronic shark would be an awesome focal point. So, he had the shark custom made for Blue Water. Follow us: Twitter - @BlueWaterWG Instagram - @BlueWaterSeafoodandCrab
Reviewed February 12, 2018 via mobile

I just had dinner with my husband at Blue Water. We had oysters which was yummy. My seared tuna salad was okay but my husbands Dungeness crab was huge. He really enjoyed it.

Reviewed January 3, 2018

This spot is a fun place to go if you just want your basic seafood boil. It is loud and small. They have a wide selection of crab/seafood and different sauces you can add. It is "hands-on" eating so don't wear white. The food is good for the price. I would go back if someone wanted to go but it wouldn't be my first choice.

1  Thank Sean M
Reviewed January 1, 2018

Coming from Baltimore, I'm always on the lookout for an authentic crabcake rather than the lump of broiled mayo that you get most places outside of Maryland. Advertising itself as a mecca for maryland seafood, I was hopeful of getting an authentic crabcake. They weren't bad, but they weren't very good either and came with a strange new orleans-y sauce on top. My wife had the lobster roll which seemed to have no lobster flavor at all. Overall, disappointing.

Reviewed September 13, 2017

We have been going Blue Water for several years. Our last visit was not as pleasurable as our previous. They did make some minor changes to their menu which was not a big deal, but I think they changed cooks. The clam chowder was a sorry excuse for clam chowder. It was very watery and had an extreme lemon taste. I had the waitress take the chowder back and replaced it with a crab bisque. The bisque was OK. Seemed like there was a lot of oil floating on the top. Was not mixed well. Also, their shrimp tacos used to be great. You would get 3 tacos on the lunch menu for $12.99. Now you get 2 tacos for $13.99. The 2 tacos look a little bigger, but all they did is add more mango and lettuce. Overall we did not enjoy our lunch as we have in the past..

Reviewed August 23, 2017 via mobile

I was staying at an AirBNB within walking distance and the owner recommended Blue Water. The place had a coastal seafood restaurant vibe that is very familiar and comfortable.

I noticed the seafood Po Boy on the menu. The last good one of those I had was in New Orleans a bunch of years ago (before the spill), so I thought I'd give it a shot.

It was great.

Everything was fried perfectly, the bread was fresh, everything was great. Top it off with a nice draft beer and it made for a very enjoyable dinner.

I'd go there again.