“Fun bar!”
Review of 55 South

55 South
Ranked #2 of 51 Nightlife in San Jose
Reviewed October 7, 2016

My husband and I wandered into this bar to start our pub crawl. We basically ended up having more of a "pub sit," because we parked it here for awhile. We were there on a Friday, pretty early. Probably around 5:30 or 6, so it was pretty empty. The bartenders were all super nice and gave us some ideas of places to go later in the night. They have food here, but as a vegan, I didn't see much (anything?) that I could have. No worries though - we had a great time!

Reviewed September 15, 2016

Nice intimate cocktail bar in the heart of San Jose. Nice quiet bar you can have a conversation in? Good choice of cocktails that run 9 to 12 bucks along with a reasonable chice of beers. There are some comfy couches to hang with your friends. Bartenders were knowledgable and friendly. Worth stopping in if you like custome cocktails!

1  Thank reg v
Reviewed March 8, 2016

We get down to San Jose every few months and this is always one of our stops. The atmosphere is fun and you can't go wrong with handcrafted cocktails and being able to grab some appetizers or my favorite getting to grab a dessert!

1  Thank Ghiagal
Reviewed March 6, 2016 via mobile

My husband and I took a ten minute ride to Franklin when we were in Nashville, and it has a cute shopping town square along with history. 55 South is located right on the square, and we opted to swing in there for a late lunch. It is a small place that, unbeknownst to us, was featured on Diners, Drive-ins & Dives. It's full and busy, but we loved the shrimp and grits dish we ordered. It had crispy thick bacon and mushrooms in a spicy sauce that the grits and shrimp sat in. The flavor was fantastic. Wait staff was average and a little slow, but it is the south!, so we went along with the pace and enjoyed the lunch.