“M-F dim sum is good deal”
Review of Golden Palace

Golden Palace
Ranked #520 of 2,224 Restaurants in San Jose
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 13 September 2017

M-F dim-sum dishes are priced at small plate price $3.75, so it's a good deal. I don't know why they do it because it's quite crowded at the restaurant. You order from the list, no cart-pushing around.

Reviewed 14 June 2017

This place offers a lot of dishes that I normally don't see in other Asian restaurants. No wonder a lot of Asians love this place even though I don't eat many of those dishes. But the dishes I have tried (chicken/shrimp curry in red or garlic sauce) were delicious. Their service is fast. This is also a good place for take-out if you don't have time to spend.

Reviewed 10 April 2017

It is usually packed at lunch, but not as crowded for dinner. The lobster noodle seems to be the favorite for everyone, as you can see many tables had ordered that. Don't order steamed fish if the fish is over 2 pounds, as it had happened to us, the meat was tougher and few seconds undercooked. Majority of dishes were not too salty and you get a lot of food for each dish. The chicken and beef were tender.

Reviewed 21 March 2017 via mobile

I heard rave reviews of this place. It was okay, but we didn't have their dim sum which they are known for. The pork chops were tasty. The chow mein was super mushy. I will give it another try!

Reviewed 26 December 2016

My family has been going to this restaurant for years. We only go when we have company and didn't make reservations elsewhere. While it is not the best Chinese food in the area, it is convenient and does serve decent Dim Sum. That is why I'm giving this 3 stars. We went here for dinner recently and while the menu is QUITE extensive (the menu must weight 2 pounds) we found the gravies to be thick and unoriginal, the minced beef soup was terrible, and the fish was glutinous and bland. So really, we mainly continue to come here for their Dim Sum which is passable. But maybe it's time for us to find a new Chinese restaurant that is more palatable. I'm being generous with 3 stars.