All reviews two bedroom unit steamed vegetables full kitchen laundry facilities managers reception living area home away from home typical hotel nice job long stay definitely stay here again pleasant stay close to the airport easy access rooms are spacious convenient location an upgrade
Reviewed July 24, 2017 via mobile

It's a cosy hotel and was given a suites with 3 beds , 3 tv's and nice living hall. The breakfast is free with the room charge and the change / rotate of food serving everyday does help .

Only problem is there is no dinner available and for a Asia guy who can find food even at 3am in most of Asia find it annoying .

With the small swimming pool and open surrounding do help in reducing the stress of my traveling and jet lag

Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed June 14, 2017

I spent three weeks working in Sunnyvale, liked the apartment like feel of Staybridge room. Clean and comfortable. Rooms were a little dark and if you want privacy you have to close the curtains which blocks all light, Someone made the bed and cleaned the kitchen almost every day - if housekeeping came by early (8:30am sometimes) I sent them away they did not come back later.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed May 27, 2017 via mobile

Staying here for few nights, check in was quick and everything seemed ok at first. When I got to bed at night, I found out the beddings are from Holiday Inn and Holiday Inn Express, especially the comforter looks aged.

Called the next morning front desk and IHG customer service, been told they will take care of it, but when I came back, those old Holiday Inn and Holiday Inn Express beddings are still on my bed. Called the front desk again, one guy told me that's all they have because IHG is a big happy family, and that's why they share the old beddings between hotels.

Maybe some people don't care, but what's the brand name for, must have it's meaning and value to maintain to make the brand last long.
If sharing beddings between IHG different brand names hotels is ok, then share the new beddings, don't share the old used ones! And from my point of view, this Staybridge Suites San Jose management team doesn't take their brand seriously!

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites San Jose, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2017

Hello digimana!

Although it's good to know that you were able to check in with ease, it is regretful to learn that there was an issue with the branding our our mattresses and their upkeep. We are proud of the Staybridge Suites brand and we also aim to consistently provide cozy and clean accommodations fit to be considered your second home. Please know that your remarks will help us better the amenities that we offer to make sure that every stay will be a complete success. In spite of the shortcomings, I still want to thank you for opting to stay with us and I'm hoping that you can give us another chance to host your stay so we can earn back your trust.

Warmest Regards,

Gian M
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed May 3, 2017

Stayed 3 times recently. I like the suites - nice and big. Room size is excellent for a place like Santa Clara. Suites include Fridge/kitchenette for somebody staying longer. I believe they also have laundry machines. Slightly older property - so sometimes you may get a room with slightly worn out furniture (happened to me once).

The included breakfast buffet is better than most places in this class. One problem that I do have is that for uncut fruits, they seem to keep oranges on most days. My experience is that Bananas is the one of the most loved fruits since it is so easy to eat but somehow this hotel insisted on keeping oranges which is a hard fruit to handle. I guess by keeping oranges, they don't have to worry about replenishing them since nobody seems to take them. C'mon management - if a guy is paying $200+ for a room, surely you can afford for the guy to walk away with a 25cent banana. Don't be penny foolish.

The staff is spotty on asking IHG members if they want their free gift (packet of trail mix) when checking in. I had to ask the person checking in about it since I could see it behind the counter - but I shouldn't have to ask.

My biggest issue is with their AC system. All my 3 stays which were different rooms had AC issues. First stays I managed since the outside temperature was good enough that I didn't need AC or heat. But on the last stay, I did need the AC and that was a problem.

There is one more fatal flaw that should keep anybody away from this property/StayBridge's and it is not this property's fault. When I saw my IHG statement, I noticed that I received very few points from my stay. Turns out that IHG discriminates against Staybridge Suites - other brands in the IHG chain generate 10 points per $ but Staybridge only generats 5 points per $. Not sure why but personally, that kills the fringe benefit of business travel. You travel on business, earn points and use them for vacation - nice tradeoff for the hassle of business travel. But IHG has taken that fun out. My other hotel programs have richer rewards than IHG and then they top it off with cutting it in half is like a slap in the face. Really - IHG expects people to say there? [Given that it is not that much cheaper].

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business
2  Thank PrincipalMember
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites San Jose, responded to this reviewResponded May 19, 2017

Hi PrincipalMember,

Thank you for posting a candid feedback from your recent stay with us. It is great to know that you were able to appreciate our suites and breakfast buffet among the others. However, I was concerned to see that you were not impressed with our fruit selection at breakfast, staff recognition for members, and the AC. I would like to apologize for any inconvenience these issues may have caused you during your stay. Rest assured, your comments will be shared with our management team to properly address your concerns. We have also taken note of your comments regarding the points for our StayBridge Suites.

Again, thank you for the review and for staying with us. I hope that we would have another chance to accommodate you again in the future.

Regards,

Mike F.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed March 21, 2017

I stayed there for close to 4 weeks. It is well maintained and in a peaceful locality, close to downtown area. Breakfast served was of good quality and they have good shuttle service. Though I had bad experience twice with shuttle service but overall its ok.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled on business