All reviews two bedroom unit ihg chain steamed vegetables full kitchen laundry facilities managers reception living area home away from home typical hotel nice job long stay definitely stay here again enjoyable stay close to the airport easy access checking in rooms are spacious
Reviewed August 9, 2017

This hotel has suites type apartments that are convenient if traveling in a group. It offers an ok breakfast and dinner. that is very fine if you are eating at the hotel.. then it gives your money back. Also the include washing and drying which you do not pay extra. They offer a light cleaning service meaning only beds and change of towels.. so no big cleaning but every week.. which is so sad. they offer free wifi that works fine.
The pool is ok, they offer pool towels but late in the afternoon they are out.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank MMG2006
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites San Jose, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2017

Hello MMG2006,

Thank you so much for staying with us and for taking the time to leave us your feedback. Your review is vital for improving the service and quality we offer to our valued guest. I am pleased to know that you had a satisfactory stay at our hotel and enjoyed our laundry facilities. Also, I'd like to take this opportunity to advise you that StayBridge Suites brand caters to extended stay guests that's why housekeeping is only done in a weekly basis. We know that you have your own way of doing things and you just want the freedom to travel however you like. Nonetheless, this feedback will be shared with the appropriate people that can help us make a difference to ensure our valued guests' needs and expectations are met in the future.

Thank you once again for your valuable comment, and if you might have any suggestions that will contribute to enhancing your stay, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed July 28, 2017

This was my fifth trip to the Staybridge Suites San Jose over the last few years and I am well overdo for a review.

This is an older Staybridge property that was most likely bought from another hotel and retrofitted to Staybridge. There are 23 pods of 4 rooms, Each pod has two upstairs and two downstairs units, It is located close to US 101 and just a few minutes from downtown San Jose.

This stay we were greeted by two enthusiastic and very helpful young men. They offered a lot of information about the hotel and one let me spin the wheel and earned an additional 2.000 points. There could not be better ambassadors for the hotel.

Even though our booking was for a one bedroom suite they upgraded us to a two bedroom unit. The unit was like a small apartment. Nicely furnished and very comfortable. Everything was spotlessly clean.

Being it was Wednesday they had a very nice managers reception at 530. Hamburgers and hot dogs with all the fixings and a nice selection of steamed vegetables. The kitchen staff despite a heavy volume of people was helpful and smiling.

The beds proved to be comfortable and the room relatively quiet. My only complaint was that the folks upstairs arrived at 2 am and kept talking outside our window for nearly an hour.

The breakfast was also outstanding with a wide selection of hot and cold items. With the large number of foreign visitors they also included steamed veggies and rice with breakfast. Something I enjoyed. A very nice job all around. Again when I needed something from the front counter such as hand lotion they were quick to help me and always with a smile.

This is a great property and thanks to all the staff there that made this another enjoyable stay!

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DCSacramento
Reviewed July 24, 2017 via mobile

It's a cosy hotel and was given a suites with 3 beds , 3 tv's and nice living hall. The breakfast is free with the room charge and the change / rotate of food serving everyday does help .

Only problem is there is no dinner available and for a Asia guy who can find food even at 3am in most of Asia find it annoying .

With the small swimming pool and open surrounding do help in reducing the stress of my traveling and jet lag

Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed June 14, 2017

I spent three weeks working in Sunnyvale, liked the apartment like feel of Staybridge room. Clean and comfortable. Rooms were a little dark and if you want privacy you have to close the curtains which blocks all light, Someone made the bed and cleaned the kitchen almost every day - if housekeeping came by early (8:30am sometimes) I sent them away they did not come back later.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed May 27, 2017 via mobile

Staying here for few nights, check in was quick and everything seemed ok at first. When I got to bed at night, I found out the beddings are from Holiday Inn and Holiday Inn Express, especially the comforter looks aged.

Called the next morning front desk and IHG customer service, been told they will take care of it, but when I came back, those old Holiday Inn and Holiday Inn Express beddings are still on my bed. Called the front desk again, one guy told me that's all they have because IHG is a big happy family, and that's why they share the old beddings between hotels.

Maybe some people don't care, but what's the brand name for, must have it's meaning and value to maintain to make the brand last long.
If sharing beddings between IHG different brand names hotels is ok, then share the new beddings, don't share the old used ones! And from my point of view, this Staybridge Suites San Jose management team doesn't take their brand seriously!

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites San Jose, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2017

Hello digimana!

Although it's good to know that you were able to check in with ease, it is regretful to learn that there was an issue with the branding our our mattresses and their upkeep. We are proud of the Staybridge Suites brand and we also aim to consistently provide cozy and clean accommodations fit to be considered your second home. Please know that your remarks will help us better the amenities that we offer to make sure that every stay will be a complete success. In spite of the shortcomings, I still want to thank you for opting to stay with us and I'm hoping that you can give us another chance to host your stay so we can earn back your trust.

Warmest Regards,