Clarion Inn Silicon Valley
Courtyard
US$225
US$398
Hampton Inn & Suites San Jose(San Jose)(Great Value!)
US$159
Hampton.com
Dolce Hayes Mansion(San Jose)(Great Value!)
US$200
US$159
  • Restaurant
HYATT House San Jose/Silicon Valley(San Jose)(Great Value!)
Hyatt.com
Hilton San Jose(San Jose)(Great Value!)
US$545
Hilton.com
US$296
HotelQuickly
Orbitz.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewsreasonable ratesdecent place to stayshort drivecomfortable hotelother hotelsbusiness travelconvenient locationchannels
Reviewed January 31, 2012

Very nice hotel, quiet and large. Three floors of 10 rooms on each floor.
The rooms are big enough to host even three to a room.
Multi-channel TV, king-size bed and shower, comfortable and pleasant.
Air-conditioned room coffee and a small kitchenette with microwave and utensils.
Excellent breakfast with great selection (relative to American breakfast).
Close to the airport and the motorways to travel to any site in the region.
In summary a very good hotel, nice and rested.

Room Tip: my room was quit good - 307
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Yossi_Ba
Reviewed December 19, 2011

I was reluctant to stay after reading some of the reviews of this place. But I was pleasantly surprised, not bad at all. The room was clean and the bed was nice. We stayed a week and housekeeping was superb. The television could use more channels, but we we're on vacation and mostly seeing the sights in and around town. Having a fridge and microwave in the room was a bonus. No bad experiences. We would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: December 2011
2  Thank Exped97
ClarionSJC, Guest Relations Manager at Clarion Inn Silicon Valley, responded to this reviewResponded December 27, 2012

Dear Respected Guest it is our pleasure to have the opportunity to provide with hospitality. Thank you for your thoughtful and appreciative thoughts.

Reviewed December 2, 2011

I was in San Jose on family matters when we made a last-minute booking for this place. The price was very satisfactory for a big room with 2x queen beds. Our relatives even ended up moving in here as well, after being dissatisfied with the Holiday Inn, and were very pleased with their decision to move.

As mentioned, the rooms are quite spacious. The beds are very comfortable, but I found the pillows too soft for my liking. The shower was powerful with plenty of hot water. Everything was very clean.

Front desk staff are friendly and welcoming. When we had a toilet blockage one night, someone did forget to send up the plumb as requested, but the problem was dealt with promptly and efficiently the following morning.

Breakfast included hot beverages, juice, eggs, waffles (self-service waffle maker), cereal, several types of bread, as well as boxes of brownies, mini cinnamon scrolls etc. Tasty and will fill you up well (though of course not as spectacular as what I've been spoiled with at European hotels). Bottles of water can be found in the minifridge in the breakfast room if you need one for the day.

The location worked perfectly for our purposes and activities, which were mostly in the vicinity, and we had a car (for which there was ample, free parking at the hotel). However it may not suit everyone's needs, especially if you don't have a car, as it's a bit out of the way. But then again, San Jose really is a place where you generally do need a car.

We would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: We preferred the rooms in the main building where reception is also located.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank geigerin91
Reviewed July 11, 2011

This is one of the worst experiences I have had in a U.S. hotel. I had to step over a large bag of trash by the front door, left there by the employee smoking right by the door. If I hadn't prepaid, I would have left after meeting the desk clerk. She is in the wrong field and has no business working in the service industry. Everything was difficult with her. She barely answered questions (like where is our room, where can we park, etc.) She offered no help and explained nothing. It turns out our room was in a second building and on the upper floor. When I asked if they had a luggage cart, the clerk only said "yes." When I asked where it was kept, she just shrugged. I found it in the hallway of the second building. The elevator is at the far end of the second building and there is no ramp for the cart at that end of the building.

The room had a burned out light bulb. My wife used the bathroom later that night and came out blaming me for not flushing the toilet. I hadn't used the bathroom yet. The toilet had not been cleaned and flushed before we got there. According to my wife it was full of waste. I already knew I would get nowhere with the desk clerk, so I didn't even try.

The neighborhood is not the best. Breakfast was awful and was over by 9:00am. You snooze, you lose.

I will never stay at another hotel in this chain or any of its affiliates again. If this is how lax the company is with its franchises, it is not for me. I'm easygoing and usually don't complain about anything.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed May 27, 2011

Our family has been coming back to this hotel for many years. Always satisfied!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family