“Craving for Tamales”

Lucy's Tamale Factory
Ranked #1,241 of 2,209 Restaurants in San Jose
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 10 July 2016

Hard to find. Very few tables better to go! Be sure to get extra sauce!! and try them all - although a little expensive!

Reviewed 24 December 2015

We drove in heavy rains to pick up a pre-order of chicken and pork tamales this Christmas Eve. Got there at 7:15am and the line was already 30 people long. Fortunately because of my pre-order I waited in a very short line - about a 20 minute wait.

It was well worth it. Tamales were amazing. Meat to masa ratio just right and the seasoning was perfect - not overly spicy.

The woman behind the counter who helped me was very nice and friendly.

Will do the same thing next Christmas Eve!

Reviewed 15 December 2015

I live nearby. Have been there a dozen times over the years. Mediocre at best. Too much Masa, no sauce. Opened another location at Eastridge Shopping Center, gone in a year.

1  Thank Carla G
Reviewed 3 August 2015 via mobile

Good luck not diving into the tamales in the car on your way home! The smell will overcome you and you won't be able to stop yourself. When we are in this part of town we get a dozen (or more)!! Nice meaty with wonderful masa!! Yum!

Reviewed 12 October 2014

I just discovered The Tamale Factory a month ago, and I've returned 3 times. The pork tamales are incredible, and the price can't be beat ($2). I also like Lucy's Tamale Factory, but have a slight preference for this business.