“Nice dining experience”
Review of Alicia's Cafe

Alicia's Cafe
Ranked #1,204 of 2,210 Restaurants in San Jose
Reviewed 29 October 2016

My wife and I ate at Alicia’s on Friday, October 28, 2016 with another couple. We went for their authentic Mexican food and casual atmosphere. The staff was very friendly, the service excellent, and our food delicious including even the complementary chips and salsa. I had the shredded beef tacos which were great. There is an outdoor patio too. The place itself is not all that fancy but the food and very fair prices makes up for it. Alicia’s has a full bar with many different margaritas and beers to choose from! It's located in the Cambrian shopping center which makes it easy to find parking. Alicia’s gets really busy on Fridays so arrive early to get a table.

Reviewed 17 July 2016

Good place if you are looking for some good Mexican food. I'd say the I liked outside seating better at this place.

Reviewed 18 May 2016

If I could give 0 stars I would. I have been going to Alicia's for over 20 years and have been very loyal even though under new owner ship the food and service are horrible. We go because it's convenient and has night outdoor patio. However, The last 3 times I have been there the whole experience was awful. The restaurant was not busy at all however We were there 2 hours. Our food came out wrong, it took forever, and when we got the bill we were charged 60.00 for a pitcher of margaritas. When we questioned the waitress she responded "you guys are adults and should know what things cost" No where was their a drink menu with 60.00 margaritas on it. I've never been treated so poorly by a young waitress who clearly doesn't understand customer service. Below is a picture of our table at 10:00 pm at night. Nobody in the restaurant, they never cleared the table and we had to ask for our bill and had to get up to pay it. Unfortunately a place we frequent a few times a month has lost our business forever and will be spreading the word.

Reviewed 29 December 2015

I Love Mexican food and used to love the food at Alicia's Café, particularly the cicerones. However the quality and taste of the food had dropped significantly. I will not return.

1  Thank TJFLG42
Reviewed 3 February 2015

This little gem is tucked away inside a shopping center. There are tables outside in the courtyard. Our service was fantastic. Food was good. I personally feel it is on the overly salted side and my chile verde burrito had some chunks of fat which wasn't so appealing. A bit too much rice and not enough meat inside the burrito and it could also have been a bit warmer. Nice place to hang with friends and have a drink or two.

1  Thank terri v

Been to Alicia's Cafe? Share your experiences!