All reviews oak airport room was clean shuttle service recommend this hotel business travel hotel is located convenient location easy access free breakfast front desk staff free parking freeway hgi mattress hallway california
Reviewed October 19, 2016 via mobile

Called the hotel and asked for shuttle, they told us there isn't any. Employees should be more informed, there is one it either goes to the bart lines or to the airport.

We used it like 3 times after had to go to the hotel with a taxi though...

Hotel was a little outdated, but all clean.

Food for dinner and breakfast was good and surprisingly cheap.

All in all a good stay...

Date of stay: October 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed October 18, 2016

the room smelled like cat pee. the food tested gross and all I ordered was a burger and fries . the heater in the room was broken. you could hear thru the walls . the front desk was not impressive. the only thing good there was the drinks

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Garrett R, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Oakland/San Leandro, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2016

Dear Andre G,

Thank you for your feedback of your recent stay with us. I understand that you encountered an opportunity with the cleanliness of your guest room, I sincerely apologize for this. This is one of the areas that we are very vigilant in to ensure comfort and satisfaction for our guests. I'm so sorry that we were unable to meet expectations and based upon your review I am actively participating with our housekeeping staff to ensure this does not happen again. I hope that if you travels bring you back to the area that you will consider staying with us again. Thank you again, I appreciate your honest feedback.

G Ritter, General Manager

Reviewed October 17, 2016

Attended Rail Volution conference in Embarcadero. Rode Bart daily--SAN Leandro station. Used Uber to get to BART station. Thought food was very expensive and not worth the money. Rode hotel van to airport.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed September 27, 2016

Stayed here on park and fly package. All employees were friendly and helpful, especially the shuttle drivers. Breakfast was great and the room clean and comfortable. I have stayed here before and will return!

Date of stay: September 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank cat22
Reviewed September 26, 2016

Okay, so we needed to be near OAK for another stay. This place was inexpensive; there's a reason.
The rooms are dark and gloomy, could really benefit from some LED bulbs with warm light, rather than the bluish CFLs.
We didn't get breakfast coupons (Diamond Members), and the clerk was too busy telling me how I used the app to check in (subtext: he didn't have time for me), so we didn't have breakfast this morning.
The neighborhood is downscale - but not really the hotel's FAULT, just makes it unappealing - as there is a Walmart (and the accompanying denizens) right across the street.
The bathroom was ... well ... UGH. With stains in the soap dish, and dubious cleanliness (smelled bad).
Finally, the HGI mattress ... which I usually REALLY like ... with the adjustable firmness ... was way beyond it's useful life. The mattresses work by inflating and deflating an air reservoir to soften or firm up the feel of the mattress. When this one was deflated, it left a huge, lake-sized sag on my side of the mattress. WTH?
You've been warned.

Room tip: Choose one at another hotel.
Date of stay: September 2016