“Not as good as the last visit”
Review of Horatio's

Horatio's
Reserve with OpenTable
Horatio's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 289 Restaurants in San Leandro
Price range: US$31 - US$50
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Transit: San Leandro BART station
Reviewed September 28, 2018 via mobile

Stopped by Horatio's before heading to the airport. The view of the marina is one of the best parts of the experience. I normally get the Mahi Mahi, but decided to go with meatloaf as it was recommended. It was good but not as good as the seafood they are known for.

I will still go back the next time I'm in Oakland area.

Date of visit: September 2018

Reviewed September 17, 2018 via mobile

Disappointed. Not impressed. Last time I came here it was for a coworker retirement. Didn't get any food, so they got a good review. This time, I came for dinner. Fish and chips were terrible. He was like something from a TV dinner. I asked for the fries extra crispy, they were extra soggy.

Service was weird. Waiter seemed disorganized or maybe he was new. I did get my food, but things were just not time to very well.

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed September 4, 2018

Locals love this place and I can see why; the food is out of this world! A bit pricey for what it is but it IS on the marina so you cannot beat the views. GREAT bartenders and wait staff. Excellent service!

Reviewed August 20, 2018 via mobile

Salmon with cheese grits and asparagus was excellent and perfectly cooked. Clam chowder was also very good. The reason for 3 stars is the service and restaurant condition. We were seated right away but our waiter didn’t come to our able for at least 15 minutes or so. After she finally came over, she was attentive. We appreciate that they offered a free dessert as a result. Key lime pie was our choice which was good but it had too much whip cream on top, otherwise very tasty and served with a small cup of sorbet to cleanse your pallet (I’m guessing) before indulging. Carpet Floor leading to the dining room had a very dirty and sticky path that looked like it has been walked on since the place was built! Come on people, It needs to be changed out! There is no way it will come clean at this point. Not a dealbreaker but it is a bit of a turnoff for a pricey and semi-fine dining establishment. We did enjoy our meal however, so that is a big plus.

Reviewed August 10, 2018

Almost didn't stop, so DO check out the menu inside as the ones posted in the outdoor display window do not nearly tell you all that is on the menu that night. We got seated in a window booth right away (midweek) but reservations are recommended. Great presentation of the menu, daily specials and LARGE wine list. Server was attentive and asked about our occasion (wedding anniversary) and brought bread (OMG, the BREAD!) and drinks right away. Tough choices, so many specials to choose from and they seem to specialize in farm-fresh local foods. We decided on soups and salads to save room for dessert: Lobster bisque with Broadway Pea salad and French onion soup with Caesar salad. All very good to excellent. Dessert surprise for our occasion was an excellent Creme Brulee so we ordered a Key lime pie to go!