“Good Mediterranean Flavor”

Luke's Grill
Ranked #13 of 299 Restaurants in San Leandro
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Reviewed March 15, 2015

Luke's has a great Greek vibe and you feel like you're in a Greek cafe when you walk in. It's on the outside of Pelton Center in the heart of downtown San Leandro. The people that work there are all great. I haven't had a lot of things there because I am addicted to one thing: SOUVLAKI ON PITA It's chicken or pork marinated & grilled, then diced and wrapped in pita bread with onions, tomatoes, & tsatziki sauce.I usually get the chicken and get extra sauce on the side because I love it so much.

Date of visit: March 2015

Reviewed March 7, 2015 via mobile

We were going to go to a restaurant but there was a 30 minute wait, so we decided to check out another place and that didn't sleep to a vegan and meat-eater do we ended up at Luke's and we are glad we did. It's a nice sized restaurant that's still intimate. We were immediately tweeted upon arriving and seated. I had several questions that were answered by our server and if she didn't know she'd go to the kitchen and ask.

We ordered the mediterranean pasta and pork loin. We saw done other rushes come out that looked gorgeous and tasty as well and I'm a vegan. The sourdough bread came out with an olive and oil topping that was delicious. Our salads were huge as well. My cousin said the bleu cheese dressing was excellent.

A band was setting up as our meals came out. The pork loin came out upon a bed a of spinach with roasted veggies and potatoes some kind of lemon roasted potatoes that were fantastic...I know I tasted them. Cousin said it was succulent, moist and delicious. I had the mediterranean pasta with garlic bread and it was some of the best pasta I've ever had. Fantastic food.

The 2-person band and dimmed lights were added midway through dinner and added to the ambiance. Will definitely visit or have cousin visit again.

Reviewed February 28, 2015

One of my favorite lunch spots in downtown San Leandro. I especially love the capellini pomodoro, the vegetarian gyro and the Mediterranean salad. Great flavors! Same menu for lunch and dinner, though they offer great lunch specials.

Date of visit: January 2015
1  Thank GoofballDad
Reviewed February 18, 2015

They have a clean place, good selection of Greek dishes. Usually order the Gyros to go. Thought they were pretry good, until I tried the Greek restaurant across from the Alameda restaurant, their gyros were out of this world. But for a "restaurant " setting Luke's is a quiet place to enjoy a meal.

Date of visit: May 2014
Reviewed February 7, 2015

Selecting a restaurant to celebrate my birthday is never easy; however, because the weather wasn't the greatest, I chose a place close to our home. We have eaten at Luke's Grill a few times before, and always had a nice experience, so the choice wasn't that difficult. Tonight was one of those nights where I thought to myself, "why don't we come here more often?" Starting from the bread with the awesome Greek olive spread to the more than scrumptious home-made style meals that always include either soup or salad, the entire evening was absolutely delightful. A real "at home" feel that most restaurants lack. On top of all that, the service was very attentive and welcoming. Luke's Grill...we will be back soon!

Date of visit: February 2015