“Busy place on Mothers' Day, but worth the wait”
Review of Flavor of India

Flavor of India
Ranked #3 of 37 Restaurants in San Lorenzo
Reviewed May 23, 2017

Visiting friends in the east Bay, and it was dinner time on Mothers' Day Sunday, never an easy time to find good food. Our friend had heard of Flavor of India, so we decided to try it. We were seated immediately in what was otherwise a full restaurant, and sat and chatted quite a while. Suddenly they started delivering food to our table (we had not yet even been given menus). When we protested "we haven't even ordered yet!" the confusion ensued. Someone else's order, and they got the food; we got menus.

We ordered an extensive assortment, the assorted Nan breads (the onion kulcha was the favorite) and potato patties as starters. We ordered the lamb rogan josh, tandoori chicken and a couple vegetarian dishes, and thoroughly enjoyed the entire meal. We had plenty of left overs to send home with our friend.

I'll give the restaurant the benefit of the doubt on service, given the Mothers' Day visit.

Reviewed April 20, 2017 via mobile

I could not believe how fast the service was and how huge the portion was. It was ready in under 5 minutes and was really good. I would have given them a five if they had given me a fork and napkin, had to scrounge one from the hotel. But the chicken tikka masala and rice were great. Would definitely go again.

Reviewed August 4, 2016

I have dined here twice recently, On the second visit the friendly and very attentive young waiter remembered my preference for lots of ice cubes in my drinking water. The saag (spinach) with prawns is very tasty, not too spicy, and contains very large butterflied prawns as well as a generous amount of spinach. The very large serving of aloo gobi contains lots of cauliflower and a few potato slices in a very mildly spicy orange colored sauce. My companion enjoyed the chicken tikka masala. The food comes to the table quickly. Complimentary chapatis with sauces are served as soon as one orders. A large complimentary serving of rice accompanies the meal. The food and service are tops for Indian cuisine in this area and the prices are very reasonable. Many large entree items are about ten dollars.

Reviewed July 16, 2016

My daughter has brought home numerous takeaway dinners from here, all of which I helped her eat (-:
Last week, at last, i went in person at lunchtime. What a find! The lunch buffet variety isn't huge, but is perfectly adequate, and more important, everything is delicious! There's also a regular a la carte menu, and my friend had the chicken korma, which she loved. We've both been many times to India, and being here was evocative of our trips, especially to the Punjab.
The owner and family are lovely, friendly, helpful.There's Bollywood TV on the wall.The place is clean and comfortable. The only downside, is being here makes me miss India!! If you're in the Eat Bay and enjoy Indian food..try it!

Reviewed July 5, 2016 via mobile

I was in town for business and the front desk of the hotel recommended this place. I was not disappointed.