“Pricey”

Natural Cafe
Ranked #39 of 318 Restaurants in San Luis Obispo
Price range: US$5 - US$15
Reviewed October 4, 2017 via mobile

My first impression when you walk in the door is its a nice place. The set up is welcoming and clean. The food was good but pricey for the portion size that you get. I ordered the wild salmon but the serving size I received was small. The salmon was about the size of a card deck and it cost $14.00. This Cafe is a self-order like at the counter of McDonalds, but they bring the food to you. The most annoying thing to me is, they ask for a tip when paying at the self-order.

Reviewed June 9, 2017 via mobile

This is the kind of place we like as soon as we enter it. The ambiance, with the all wood tables and booths befits the name "Natural" and is very comfortable. The offerings of soups, salads and sandwiches are a perfect fit for us. On this visit we had the vegetable soup and it was delicious. I then had the Local Favorite sandwich (avocado, lettuce, sprouts, red onions and a garlic mayo on a multi-grain bread) and my wife had the mushroom burger. Both were excellent. The only thing keeping us from a five-star rating is that the bread on my sandwich and the bread served with the soup were not as fresh as they should have been. They weren't stale by any means, but it appeared they'd been allowed to sit out in the air a little too long and had begun to get dry. We suspect that the earlier in the day, the fresher the bread will be. We were there closer to the end of their day. The service was very prompt and friendly. This is an easy "We'll go back" decision.

Reviewed May 17, 2017

Fresh, quick & tasty. They don't skimp on portion sizes either. We stopped in for lunch on a whim as we wandered around the area sightseeing & looking for a healthy lunch spot.

I ordered the East Beach Salad which was ample as well as tasty. No old, wilted greens or veggies here! Also tried the pea soup based on other reviews. Nicely seasoned. Hubby had the fish tacos which he enjoyed.

Service was quick & pleasant & the restaurant itself is bright & cheerful. Would be a regular customer if I lived in the area. Lots of options for vegetarians.

Reviewed May 5, 2017

I go here once a week for the eggplant sandwich. Wish I could say I had tried something else, but in years, this is it. I cannot NOT order it. It is deliciously prepared on toasted multi-grain bread with sprouts, grilled veggies and accompanied by bean tortilla chips. I have watched others have delicious burritos and salads, and one of these days I will break down and get something else, but this is my go-to lunch in town. You stand in line to order and help yourself to water and lemon in nice glasses. Service is fast and attentive and the place is always kept clean and tidy. The deserts are great too, especially the carrot cake and the cookies.

Reviewed April 13, 2017

Took our CalPoly daughter and Bible study group for lunch, everyone found something yummy (except my carnivore teenage son).
Portobello sandwich was great, so was the daily special Thai noodle salad
But everyone raved about their smoothies, especially the Michelle My Belle