Sycamore Mineral Springs Resort and Spa
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Avila Village Inn(Avila Beach)
Great 4.5/5
Inn at Avila Beach(Avila Beach)
Great 4.5/5
San Luis Bay Inn(Avila Beach)
  • Pool
Excellent 5/5
Spyglass Inn(Pismo Beach)
Very Good 4/5
Shell Beach Inn(Shell Beach)
Great 4.5/5
The Inn at the Cove(Pismo Beach)
2,783 results
All reviewshot tubavila beachthe bob jones trailwest meadowyoga classesqueen suiteprivate tubacross the bridgehiking trailscouples massagerelaxing stayromantic getawaygift shopcentral coasttubssulfurminerals
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

My family visited Sycamore Mineral Springs Resort to enjoy hot mineral water, but water quality in hot tub was not so great and water level was low, water in hot tub felt like a regular hot tub water,

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
SycamoreGuestService, General Manager at Sycamore Mineral Springs Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

We appreciate your feedback. Let me assure that all our water comes from deep underground mineral springs aquifers. I'd certainly be interested in discussing this further. Please feel free to contact me directly. Thank you.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My wife and am have been going to Sycamore Springs for years. It is a great place. This trip was no exception. Though check in was set for 4 pm and our room was not ready for us until 4:30pm. Other than that it was a great trip.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

I can't tell you how much we appreciate you and your wife returning to Sycamore year after year! I apologize for being a half-hour late for check-in--that should never happen. We hope you'll return again soon. And if I can be of assistance, please contact me directly. Thank you!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Everything was great except a few things. The water temperature, quite room, excellent hiking trail, and kindness. But the mattress was below than average. Too soft and not even, head position was lower than foot position. Shower room was not clean.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

First, we are so glad to know that everything was great. We do buy excellent beds and replace them on a regular basis. But I will look into it immediately. And I'm also sending your comment about the shower to the Executive Housekeeper. Thank you!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We were disappointed in our trip to this spa. The rooms looked like they had been remodeled, but needed more work. We have been to many spas but usually the mineral water does not contain Sulphur. I didn't enjoy sitting in a tub of hot water that stunk of rotten eggs! Our balcony was not private, though robes were provided. The room heater did not work adequately and the blinds would not close well. Parking was very difficult, as was the steep walk to your room dragging your luggage. We were shocked at the pool, which looked badly in need of repair. We didn't use the spa services or eat in the restaurant, but we feel that the charge for the room was way too high.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

This week we've completed a renovation of our spa atrium and lobby, and we are completing the outdoor relaxation patio. Almost all our one-bedroom spa suites have been completely renovated and we are in the process of renovating the standard mineral springs rooms. The renovation of the pool and pool area are in the stages of approval. Many mineral hot springs do not have sulfur; however, many do. In fact, many guests will not soak in mineral springs tubs unless it has the sulfur mineral. In regards to luggage, we have 24-hour bell service to assist our guests. Thank you very much for your review.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This is our 3rd (I believe) stay Sycamore Mineral Springs. We like to soak in Hot tubs there (either hourly rent or in-romm), but for our wedding anniversary, we took special rate for weekdays.

Pros: Room is spacious suite with private hot tub outside of bedroom and shower. It was kept around 104F so that you can jump in right away. (Wishing more instructions on the hot tub)
Bed was very comfortable
Had a small bench to sit.
Living room had two kinds of refrigerators - ordinary one and one for wines.
Living Room had one sofa bed, small table, two dinning chairs and small bench next to gas fireplace.
Management put nice happy anniversary card and cute rubber ducky.

Cons:
Room was renovated sometime ago, so we found bathroom wall had paint worn-out.
Bathroom shelf was unstable (it shakes when I put my belongings.)
Coffee maker was painfully slow to brew. Need to update.
NO WINE GLASSES despite fancy wine refrigerator. If you expect guest bring wines and put in the refrigerator, I expect to have wine glasses and opener.
Artificial flower decorations: although they were clean, but still give me feel of out of dated and cheapness.
Toilet paper holder tilted (no matter I straightened up each time) and toilet tissue roll may / may not fall from the holder.
Toiletry amenities (shampoo, soap etc) could be better for the class of the room.

NOTE for other travelers:
NO PETS
Quiet hours are in place. For outside bath tub, 11PM to 8AM(I think), so plan ahead.
Check in 4PM; Check out 11AM.
Coffee machine is in place but no other utilities, you may want to bring snacks and paper plates and basic utensils if you plan to relax in your room with snacks and beverages. (Four basic glasses were there) No wine glasses.
Ice is obtained by calling front desk and they deliver to your room.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple

We appreciate your comments and I will be discussing them with my team. As many hotels, we provide wine glasses upon request. The bell staff will bring them to guests immediately. We will look at the coffeemaker. We've tried to purchase very good amenities for our suites and rooms. Thank you!