All reviewsperfect location to enjoymunicipal lotdelightful place to stayroom downstairsmarket nightthe ground floorfarmers marketfirst floorno elevatorboutique hotelbed was very comfortablegreat roomwaldendowntownslothursdaytrappings
Reviewed September 17, 2016

We stayed here 3 years ago and stayed again this year, the hotel has had a change of manager, unfortunately we didn't enjoy our stay so much this time. We also had the room with the Jacuzzi bath, the room could do with a spring clean. The house is charming and in keeping with when it was built but the rooms could do with a desk or table big enough to take a laptop.No parking on site, cars are parked in public car park around the corner

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
innkeeper-TRIP, Innkeeper at Garden Street Inn Downtown San Luis Obispo, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2016

Thank you for your review. I am sorry that you did not enjoy your stay as much as previously. Hopefully you will come back in the future and your stay will be as you have enjoyed in the past.

Reviewed August 23, 2016

A beginning of a road trip around California and Nevada starting in the Garden Street Inn and I can definitely say that we could not have chosen better.
From the very friendly staff to the beautiful building everything was perfect. It's not the cheapest accommodation in SLO but in this case you definitely get what you pay for and more.
A huge thanks to one member of staff I cannot remember her name(was it Chris or Dawn?) but she was extremely helpful and went out of her way to provide us an Ordnance Survey Map free of charge too!
You will not regret staying here

Room Tip: No issues all rooms quiet and excellent
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed August 19, 2016

We booked this hotel as it was a little different to the standard run of the mill hotels, looked lovely on the website. Room was nice with a Jacuzzi bath and comfy bed....only problem with the bathroom was the state of the shower curtain - mould! The window in the bathroom was dirty too. When you pay £175 per night, I find this unacceptable. Breakfast was included in the price but we didn't get a choice of what to have, we were told by the chef that he was making omelettes and that's what we were having. Very expensive for what it is.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Hannah--X0
Reviewed July 8, 2016 via mobile

I caught the Amtrak from LA to San Francisco and decided to break my journey for a night at this hotel/b and b. It is a lovely old period home that has been remodelled into its current format and is a ten or so minute walk down hill from the Amtrak station. I also saw a shuttle bus parked at the station that was offering transport. The staff I dealt with were all extremely welcoming and very pleasant offering suggestions and local maps. I knew that it was Farmers Market night (Thursdays) when I was there, but I didn't realise how well situated the hotel is for the whole town until I headed out to check out the local produce. Period properties have their own charm and I loved the quaintness of the hotel, but I understand that not everyone feels the same about historical buildings and olden day furnishings. My windows opened and were close to the adjacent car park, but I can't complain about any noise that affected my sleep. I found the dining room and included breakfast charming and just the right amount. Breakfast was not huge by American standards, but it was very nice and sufficient. I would recommend this hotel and this town as a great stopping off place for anyone who wants to take the "scenic" route from LA to San Francisco via the train, but doesn't fancy 11 hours sitting on the train in one day.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed June 19, 2016

This was a great property for what you should expect it to be. We were with dogs in the "Lovers Room" and it was very nice. Breakfast was great and the quaint atmosphere was perfect for what we were going after. Do not expect frills or anything like that, but it was a very nice getaway. Definitely a historic house.

Parking is a little weird as it is in a public lot a little bit away, but besides that it was great. Pet fee was only $20 and everyone was great about it. Highly recommend

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple