All reviews happy hour free shuttle steak sandwich free wine and beer cal poly evening bbq made to order breakfast pocket door living area breakfast burrito free dvd rentals free breakfast the hotel offers pull out couch waffles sitting room manager's reception
Reviewed April 4, 2018

Perfect location near CalPoly SLO. Comfortable beds, quiet. Free drinks at happy hour. Excellent breakfast, made to order. No parking fee, no resort fee = great value for the price. Definitely a nice addition to SLO.

Date of stay: April 2018
gnewland, Manager at Quality Suites San Luis Obispo, responded to this reviewResponded April 6, 2018

Thank you for writing about your stay! We appreciate your concise and informative review. These days it seems like more and more hotels are adding additional fees on top of their room fee, and that just doesn't seem right to us. We're happy you enjoyed your stay, and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed March 24, 2018

The room was SO nice- two rooms with a bedroom and a living room area, both very clean and nicely furnished. The living area had a long counter with a built in sink and coffee/tea amenities. I have never seen a hotel breakfast such as the one served up here- really quite amazing! In addition to the usual cereal, toast, fruit and yogurt options, there was a cook there preparing breakfast dishes to order from a menu of about 4 different options. The late night shift workers were a bit lazy, in my opinion. When I asked for an extra set of sheets, they basically told me extra sheets were on the fold out bed and I could take them off if I wanted to use them on top of the couch. But everything else was so great, this was a "nit" and I give this place a 5 star rating. Really excellent value for the money.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
gnewland, Manager at Quality Suites San Luis Obispo, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2018

Thank you for the awesome review! We're happy you enjoyed your suite, and our breakfast options. We feel that starting your day on the right foot begins with a hot made to order breakfast, and some coffee or juice. I'm disappointed to hear about what you experienced from our evening service. There is no excuse for laziness, and we will make it a focus to provide excellent customer service 24 hours a day. Thanks again for writing about your stay, and look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed March 16, 2018 via mobile

Like other suite-style hotels of its type, the Quality Inn in SLO has accommodations with a front living room — couch, large TV, fridge, microwave, mini-breakfast table — and a back bedroom/bath. Parents can put small ones to bed and stay up without disturbing them. There is also a nice pool with hot tub. A hot breakfast is included in the rate, and the four items available to us were made to order. There is also a manager’s reception every evening with complementary beer and wine.

The guest rooms are clean and well maintained. The beds are quite comfortable, although full size, not queen, so larger couples may be a little pressed for space.

A downside is that the suites are not particularly large. There isn’t room to lay out suitcases in the bedroom portion, so we left some in the living room and put one in the small-ish wardrobe. Also, the bathroom sink is in the bedroom proper; the bathroom consists of a toilet and tub/shower. This is ok, in theory, except the first person up cannot really begin to get clean without waking everyone in the bedroom. The breakfast, while plentiful, is of moderate quality. Everything is ok — the coffee, bagels, eggs, juice, tater tots — but nothing stands out. Yes, this isn’t a 5-star hotel, and it’s not appropriate to expect a comparable breakfast buffet, but it’s not inexpensive either.

One plus is that the hotel is on a main drag in SLO (Monterrey), and quite a few of the local restaurants are within walking distance. The furthest is ~20 min on foot. The closest, 50 ft from the hotel entrance.

Trip type: Travelled with family
gnewland, Manager at Quality Suites San Luis Obispo, responded to this reviewResponded March 22, 2018

Thank you for writing about your stay! Detailed reviews provide excellent insight for future guests. We appreciate your input on what you felt was positive and negative about your experience. We understand that having a sink outside of the bathroom can be annoying for some as you mentioned, but other guests have also found it useful when getting ready at the same time as their companions. I guess it depends on the situation. We're happy you found the beds comfortable, and the two room suites convenient for putting little ones to bed early. Thanks again for writing about your stay, and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed March 14, 2018 via mobile

Stayed here for work last night on the recommendation of a client. I usually stay up the road at the Holiday Inn Express to get my IHG points, but did not like that property last time I was in SLO.

My room was large, with a separate seating area. It was spotless. The property was well-manicured and very quiet.

I did not take advantage of the happy hour or the BBQ, but the free breakfast was wonderful. That meal would have cost $20 at a lot of hotels.

This is my new go to place to stay in SLO. It also happens to be 2 blocks from Central. Last Breweries, which is a great little brewery.

Trip type: Travelled on business
gnewland, Manager at Quality Suites San Luis Obispo, responded to this reviewResponded March 16, 2018

Thank you for writing about your stay! We're happy you enjoyed the property and our accommodations. We put a lot of effort into creating the best possible stay for everyone from business travelers to large families. Also, we appreciate you feedback about our complimentary breakfast. A good day always starts with a hot made to order breakfast. Thanks for choosing our hotel, and we look forward to your next stay.

Reviewed February 2, 2018

Between Christmas and New Years, I decided to take my family for a few days to my old "stomping grounds," San Luis Obispo. It is a town near and dear to my heart and the perfect place to unwind for a few days since my worklife has been incredibly hectic lately. I thought at first I'd make reservations and treat everyone to a "higher end" hotel or resort in the area. I'm actually glad I didn't.
We arrived in the evening after what seemed like a longer-than-normal car trip. It might not have actually been that much longer - it just seemed that way.
I didn't do a lot of research before making the reservation, I generally wanted something close enough to downtown to walk at a reasonable rate.
When we checked in, I was surprised to hear that they had a complementary beer/wine happy hour in the evening along with an affordable pool-side barbeque.
I was anxious to get my family into town and decided to forego these amenities thinking we'd find a nice alternative. I should have also known by now that trying to get my family unit to agree on the same location, menu, time, etc. was as easy as landing on the moon.
After about an hour or so of walking through town, by the mission, along San Luis Creek and not being able to agree on anything, I was happy to find myself back at the Quality Inn & Suites with a complimentary glass of Cabernet and a couple of freshly prepared chicken tacos in my hand. The kids and my wife seemed not to mind as well.
This became our starting place every morning for whatever adventures lay ahead. Those adventures were made better by a hot prepared-to-order breakfast each morning which was, you guessed it . . . complimentary.
We had a great time in the area and I would not be at all surprised if we find ourselves staying once again, at the Quality Inn $ Suites just above Pepe Delgado's on Monterey Street.

Room tip: Rooms near the rear of the hotel must be quieter though Monterey is not a street.
Date of stay: December 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
gnewland, Manager at Quality Suites San Luis Obispo, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2018

Paul,

Thank you for the awesome review! So glad you were able to enjoy the hotel, and show your family around SLO. One thing that we really focus on is creating value for our guests without being "cheap". We know that SLO has a lot to offer when it comes to dining, but just as you experienced, we like to provide our guests the convenience of getting a drink and dining onsite. Thank you for writing about your stay, and we hope to see you and your family back again soon.