1,384 results
All reviews evening reception order omelettes strip mall indoor pool madonna road happy hour free drinks made to order breakfast living room complimentary breakfast cal poly pismo beach hearst castle paso robles central coast morro bay farmers market
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We were driving from LA to San Fran and stopped along the way at this hotel. Nice property. Room was clean and comfortable. Front desk staff is excellent. Appreciate Megan as she was attentive and made our stay nice. Good place to stay in SLO

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Tom P, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton San Luis Obispo, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear KTD_5960 -

We appreciate your review. We are so pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and that Megan was especially helpful...we will share this with her. Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to serving you again.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Love the two rooms - separate bedroom and living room with TV in each room. Embassy Suites always have quiet AC, microwave oven, refrigerator, and safe. The complementary breakfast is one of the best around and Happy Hour is a nice addition.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Dear Ron K -

We appreciate your review. We are so pleased to hear you enjoyed the hotel and our amenities. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to serve you again soon.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My wife and I stayed here while we were helping our son move into Cal Poly. The room was clean and neat. We found the living room to be a vanilla box. Two nice piece of art on two of the four wall but the room was very plan, gray couch light carpet. The bed room felt much more inviting. Our room had french doors that opened to the inside courtyard, very stylish. The first morning I was awakened (5:30am) by the morning crew setting up the breakfast in the court yard. I did not need to be up till 8am so this was very disturbing. 6:30am the smell of bacon invaded my room, not a bad thing if you were already up or planning to get up. I wanted my sleep. Tried to go back to sleep with little success. Second night got to bed late due to helping my son move and un pack. 5:30am it started all over again do i need to say more? If I go back I will not be in a room that opens up on the courtyard.

Room Tip: Rooms that open to courtyard are very noisy in the mornings
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family

Dear RobertGM_11 -

Thank you for your review. We apologize for the interruption to your sleep and we will follow up with our team. We appreciate your staying with us while moving your son into Cal Poly and we hope to serve you again.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I stayed here during my CA-1 road trip. All the previous TripAdvisor reviews were not lying— the bathroom is tiny and dark. The bedroom is also pretty dark (2 lamps, and one of the lightbulb has burned out)

Check-in was the worst part of my stay. I was checked in by a high schooler? I don’t expect embassy suites to have those “how are you doing today” kind of service, at least tell me something about the hotel I.e. breakfast hours? Parking? Well, she asked for ID and CC and that’s it, she gave me the room keys and said nothing else.

The room is quite spacious, but the location of the hotel is very far away from everything. Also, the hotel is located inside a shopping mall, and I found this to be rather odd. If you’re on vacation, don’t stay here, but if you just want a comfortable room, this might fit your need.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family

Dear ryaaannn -

Thank you for your review of your recent stay with us. We will share your comments with our team for their follow up on the issues you noted. We appreciate your staying with us and hope to serve you again in the future.

Reviewed September 7, 2018

Overall this is a decent place to stay. The location was quiet and it was close enough to downtown SLO. Hotel looks like it was recently refreshed. Staff was friendly and helpful. Just a few minor lapses kept this from being a 4-star mid-range hotel in my opinion.

First, while the lobby and some aspects of the rooms looked updated (bedding and furniture for example), my room had carpet and bathroom tile that looked just plain icky. I was not comfortable walking around the room even in socks let alone barefoot. It just so happened that on the second day of my stay I noticed a carpet cleaning truck pulled up at the rear of the hotel. Good timing, I'd say.

Second, several items on the breakfast bar were cold. I dont know how that could happen with a steam table, but it was cold two days in a row. I appreciate attention to details and having hot food is a no-brainer.

I'd definitely give this place another try, but I would hope that these minor items would be addressed.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family

Dear BronzeWings -

We appreciate your review of your stay with us. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed the service of our team. We have shared your comments with our team to follow up on the floor and food issues. Thank you for your business and we look forward to serving you again.