“Love the place”

Ranked #19 of 32 Hotels in San Luis Obispo
San Diego, California, United States
“Love the place”
Reviewed 22 April 2012

Stayed in that hotel for business (7 weeks), Monday through Friday. It's an older hotel, but very clean, with friendly staff, free parking, free WI-Fi, delicious BBQ, coffee and apples in the lobby. Easy access to freeway, close to shopping and the restaurant -Margie's diner-next door .

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Viktor B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
Oakdale, California
Reviewed 14 March 2012

Everything is great. They no longer serve the bread basket for breakfast as advertized but they give a discount certificate to the restaurant next door Margie's Diner.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Inverness, California
Reviewed 7 March 2012

After reading the negative reviews about the Rose Garden I was definitely concerned that I was staying at a Motel 6 style property with transients and hookers roaming around everywhere. What I found upon check in was a very cute older hotel with beautiful grounds, a super friendly staff, clean modern rooms with the most comfortable bed's I have ever slept in, including my tempurpedic at home. At checkin the young lady at the desk greeted us with a huge smile and offered us some cookies that she had just taken out of the oven. We ended up checking in and chatting with her for over an hour about local attractions, never once did we feel like she was annoyed by us or our questions, which is more than I can say for most hotel clerks! When we got to the room we were greeted by a fresh rose which was obviously picked from their gorgeous rose garden (Hence the name of the hotel) a very homey newly renovated room with a nice plush king bed, docking station for my iphone, huge flat screen tv and dvd player and a small patio which overlooked the pool. The room was one of the cleanest I have seen, and yes I looked everywhere. The maids in the hallsways smiled every time I walked by and the front desk girl even called to ask if we needed anything before she went home. All in all this was the best value I have ever received and I have to say judging a hotel based on 70 reviews is hardly a large enough sample size to judge a hotel so call the hotel and chat with the staff to get a better feel, im so glad that I did. We were thrilled with the Rose Garden Inn and know anyone else looking for a good value while traveling will too. Not to mention most hotels in SLO are upwards of $150 per night... Yikes I think we paid that for two nights at the ROse Garden!

Room Tip: Stay in the renovated wing it is much nicer and quieter
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Casey H
sac delta
Reviewed 14 February 2012

I never have stayed at such a horrible place before. Looks incredible on line, but don't be fooled. The only thing on their web site that is true, is Free Parking. Check-in was unpleasant. We payed for the "upgraded" rooms. Furniture was done by Goodwill. The room was dusty, found an empty water bottle on the floor in the corner and the room was sprayed with somesort of bug spray. When we turned on the wall a/c unit, you can see nothing but dust blowing out. I didn't go complain because I didn't want to have to deal with the front desk again. There is a Motel 6 and Marriott next door. We should have stayed there. I rely on other members comments when looking for hotels etc. and they are usually right but the last couple of comments for this hotel are way off.

Room Tip: Sleep in your car first.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business

Travellers are raving about these San Luis Obispo hotels

Santa Barbara
Reviewed 17 November 2011

I enjoy driving often to San Luis Obispo as a weekend getaway, so I searched the area for a hotel with the above-mentioned requirements. I looked at a few places before I found the Rose Garden Inn. By now I've stayed three times and each visit has been great. In October I made the trip with my two grandsons, aged 12 and15, to celebrate their birthdays. The rates are affordable, so they enjoyed sharing their own room across the hall from mine. The swimming pool was a hit. We all liked being close to the new shopping malls a couple of blocks away. Rose Garden Inn is the ideal getaway for me!

Room Tip: There are two wings, one of which has been upgraded and costs slightly more per night. I took rooms...
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
Seaside, California
Reviewed 14 September 2011

My family and I loved this place. It was reasonably priced, close to the freeway (but quiet), close to a restaurant (Margie's Diner), and the grounds were very well manicured. It really felt as though we were in a "rose garden." We would stay there again!

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
BeachfrontinAvila, Public Relations Manager at Rose Garden Inn, responded to this review, 22 September 2011
Thank you for your positive comment about the Rose Garden Inn. We do take pride in our beautiful rose gardens!
Bakersfield, California
Reviewed 12 September 2011

We enjoy the Rose Garden because it is not too expensive (altho price seems to vary a lot from trip to trip). The cleaned up rooms are nice, altho the arm chair in our room was very stinky and dusty. The sliding windows are especially nice, since my husband needs a very cool room. And altho noisy, the air conditioner works well. The front desk people are wonderful. Very helpful, carry things for you, give information. It was a good experience.

Room Tip: The 100 rooms are the best. Close to parking and we like the larger double queen rooms. The whole...
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple