All reviews pool and jacuzzi breakfast included stayed one night nice room ihop ralphs hairdryer rates convenience mission
Reviewed October 8, 2016

Spent one night here to move my son in to Cal Poly. Location was good, just a couple exits down from the school. Staff at the desk were friendly. Room was clean. Had a mini fridge and a small microwave. I didn't have their breakfast, but took a cup of coffee to go.

San Luis Obispo in general is expensive to overnight. I thought Vagabond was reasonable compared to others and met my needs. Clean, simple, good location.

Date of stay: September 2016
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed October 7, 2016 via mobile

We stayed just one night. First impressions were great, the welcome was fantastic from the chap who checked us in and we were happy with the discount we were eligible for in the Dennys next door. Went downhill when we got to the room though... It was roasting hot in there and the air conditioning unit was both very loud and as useful as a chocolate teapot. The towel I used turned out to have a horrible brown and black stain on it and the hairdryer stopped working after a couple of minutes. The lights are on a timer so they turn off whether you want them to or not and there were flies buzzing around. Shame, as the room was a good size and like I said, the chap who checked us in was very helpful.

Date of stay: October 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank kimhZ9797GR
Reviewed October 3, 2016 via mobile

It's hard to put star ratings to a place like this. "Compared to what?" For a cheap place to stay, this place is GREAT. Clean! Comfortable beds. Good space. Friendly staff. Looking for a cheap place to crash in SLO, you won't have a problem here.

Are there things I wish were better? Yes! Start with bigger towels :) and gosh, the place could use a makeover. But really they've kept it up amazingly well. It really is clean and doesn't look beat up -- just dated.

So I'm giving it 4 stars. It's a solid choice.

Date of stay: October 2016
Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank happyfamilyadv
Reviewed September 10, 2016 via mobile

Stayed one night, and the location is pretty good (though hard to figure out how to get into the parking lot if you haven't been before). When I walked in, there were a lot of setchy folks in rooms around me partying very loudly but the walls must be pretty thick because I didn't hear them at all once in my room. A few actual vagabonds lingered in the parking lot, but didn't give anyone any trouble. Very pleasant desk attendant. Clean room. Will stay again.

Date of stay: September 2016
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed August 25, 2016

We are used to staying in older-looking hotels because we frequently travel with our dogs. This was no exception. Parking was relatively good, and food is within walking distance, but not the kind of food we like to eat. Across the major street is a mall with a grocery store, Kohls, Best Buy, and many other stores. The hotel is located right off an off-ramp.

One morning we went for a walk, and on the hill directly behind the hotel had 2 deer walking up the hill. That was pretty awesome!

Staff was friendly and helpful.

Room tip: Pet friendly room was old-looking
Date of stay: June 2016