All reviews off street parking across street great bargain decent size large room breakfast included stayed one night bed was very comfortable hearst castle ralphs rates convenience
Reviewed August 3, 2018

Overall, our stay was nice. But, we did have to switch rooms, which didn't start us off very well.
We called ahead to see if we could early check in, we could. The driveway entrance is right next door to the Denny's, and it comes up quickly. Easy to see, however. But if you miss it, you'll need to loop around to it again. The Front Desk clerk was friendly, but not chatty. We got to our room, and discovered that ants were on their own vacation. A long dense trail along the dresser, probably to the refrigerator, which was next to it. We didn't seek it's origin. We requested and were instantly granted a new second story room. From there, all was good. I liked the layout of the room, it felt easy to move about and get to our things. It is not a high end place, to be sure, but quite adequate for sleeping and accessing all that SLO has to offer.

Stayed: July 2018
1  Thank Christopher F
Management response:Responded September 5, 2018

Thank you for reviewing our proprety. We are glad our friendly staff addressed your issue promptly. Looking forward to your next visit.

Reviewed July 19, 2018

I hate to post this because this appears to be a family run business but it's in pretty rough shape. There has been no reinvestment in the property for years and it's overdue. The aroma in the room was also off-putting. On the plus side, the AC worked well, the 2 beds in the room were Queens and the adjacent Denny's gives a 20% discount to hotel guests.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Brian H
Reviewed July 2, 2018

My boyfriend, his son and I stayed here last night and had two queen beds for the price of $89 which included taxes. It was a very quiet hotel and it wasn't super nice but for the price it was worth it. Initially we wanted one bed and one pull-out bed for the 7 year old and we were told the price of $77. I was a little frustrated when she made us purchase two beds but it is what it is and it was a fair price. We may utilize this hotel over the 4th of July.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed May 27, 2018

This hotel was nasty and had blood stains and who knows what else on the mattresses. They were torn and ragged, The room smelled like urine. I tried to pop popcorn and the microwave sparked. I called the office and they moved us rooms.We were moved to another room that was only slightly better. It bothers me that only awhile later that new people were put in that room. The only good thing was the shower and a nice refrigerator. The carpet was dirty and stained. We didn't enjoy our trip to the coast where we love to come to as much as possible because we didn't sleep well due to this filth. We will never return here again, and I can't believe they are allowed to operate a filthy place in such a beautiful area.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Despina G
Reviewed March 3, 2018

Stayed overnight on 2/24/18. Our queen bed room smelled of urine! I called the front desk for another room and the woman said no because they were full. I stated the problem and she had me speak to a man who said he would call me back. We were given another room 1 door down. While this room didn't smell as bad, a faint urine odor was still there. We bought a can of Febreeze in an attempt to neutralize the odor. Also, the bedsheets were rather worn (saw some small holes on them). Will NEVER stay here again!

Room Tip: My advice is not to stay here, but if you do, choose an upstairs room where you won't hear people walking on your ceiling.
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family