All reviews california state university wedding party david chang easy access complimentary breakfast clean rooms convenient location bathroom door nice hotel would stay here again great place to stay exercise room the staff was friendly and helpful pool and hot tub the breakfast area pleasant stay yogurt
Reviewed September 14, 2018

Our family used this hotel for all of us to stay and attend a local wedding. The hotel was very helpful in allowing the bride and bridesmaids prepare for the wedding, and allowing all of us early check in.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed September 11, 2018

This was in a good, quiet location. The rooms were well kept and comfortable. The staff was friendly including the breakfast staff. I would definitely recommend this for a stay in the area. The breakfast was actually better than most.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed August 24, 2018

Over $1000 frozen in authorizations, unprofessional desk clerk, frozen account due to possible card fraud activity, not a fun weekend as planned, over $400 in bank & creditor NSF fees due to desk clerks mistakes oh and not to mention a urine smelling room.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
sansmhx, General Manager at Hampton Inn San Marcos, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2018

Dear samarenas,

My name is David Chang, the GM of the property. As discussed during your stay, we apologized again for the inconvenience you experienced with the excess authorization. On the first business day following your check-out, we followed your credit union's instruction to expedite the release of your excess authorization and share your disappointment that the credit union did not release the authorization promptly. We just contacted the credit union again on your behalf and the agent mentioned that if you, the card member, contact the credit union, they can work on reversing the NSF fees. We would be pleased to work with your credit union to get such charges reversed. I also want to note that we just recently finished switching the carpets in our guestrooms; we will have our maintenance department examine and, if necessary, replace any carpet tiles. I apologize again for all the inconvenience.

David Chang

Reviewed August 19, 2018

I had a very nice time there. The staff were very helpful and offered recommendations for things i needed. I would definitely go there again. The rooms were very clean and no odd smells you frequently get

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed August 14, 2018

Although the hotel is close to the interstate, I thought it was rather quiet. I had a room on the end furthest from the highway so that may have helped. I can't speak for the rooms on the other end. The hotel is really convenient to restaurants and stores. Some of the shopping centers look to be recently built. Not sure - this is my first time visiting the area. The rooms were comfortable and the hotel was clean. The complimentary breakfast was what you can expect from a free breakfast. The food was fine and the breakfast area was clean. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business