“Olfactory and gastronomic”

Everyday Beijing
Ranked #115 of 450 Restaurants in San Mateo
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed December 28, 2016 via mobile

We visit San Mateo and stay at our middle daughter's house every 3 months or so. With a large family and many eaters, we order take outs from Everyday Beijing and occasionally dine in. They have an extensive menu. Their printed menu may not be up to date but their on line menu is.

The kids consider Jing Dong Pork Pie their favorite. Adults like it a lot too. Other must have items: Shanghai style steamed pork buns, Beijing style braised eggplant, meatballs (lion's head), tofu strips, smashed pancake, green onion pancakes, black fungus salad (authentic Chinese food eaters only), Singjiang potato and chicken stew, house made soy milk.

The hardest part for me and whoever goes to help me to pick up orders is not to succumb to the aroma of the many dishes in the car and decide to stop and eat some before sharing with the family.

Reviewed February 24, 2016

My husband who never eats fish out LOVES these! Don't forget the vinegar sauce. They are divine! We also get their veggie chow mein and it's so good. Dine in or take out it all feels very authentic.

Reviewed July 27, 2015

The place was very busy on Sunday at lunch. We had to wait a good 20 min to get in. The staff can barely clear the table. The entry door was ajar-ed which is okay because the air was a little stuffy inside. The tofu soup is pretty good. I didn't care for the beef pancake. The green onion pan cake is also okay. Dumplings with pork and veg is pretty good. bread stick is also pretty good.

Reviewed April 25, 2015 via mobile

We are regulars at this place, and it just occurred to me today that perhaps I ought to share our wonderful experience.

The place is not much to look at. The table for four is on the small side, since it's either that or we eat too much - the table does not offer enough space for all the dishes we order almost every time. However, we don't come here for the decor, we come here for the food.

It specializes in flour-based northern cuisine - dumplings, pancakes filled with minced pork (京东肉饼), Roujiamo (肉夹馍), Jianbingguozi (煎饼果子), etc.

Highly recommend this place for anyone who craves authentic fare.

1  Thank 908Laura
Reviewed September 23, 2014

I can tell all the food is so great because I see people at the tables enjoying the food, and I don't hear a lot of talking. Being vegetarian, I am delightfully surprised to find the vegetarian dishes here full of flavor, and offered in great variety. My favorite--vegetable dumplings!