“Lots of choices”

Ranked #4 of 433 Restaurants in San Mateo
Price range: US$12 - US$45
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Nestled alongside a quiet lagoon, our fourth restaurant, and the first to feature the upstairs, upscale Top of the Market, has been a dining destination for bay area residents since 1982. This beautiful restaurant also features a full-service cocktail bar and lounge area, and a popular oyster bar. Patio dining is available in the summer months.
Reviewed March 11, 2018

The menu has so many choices, that there is sure to be something for everyone. Good seaford, I have had the sole dinner, which was very good and a lot of food. Had to get myself a :"to go bag" . Dinner plates comes with side dish choices (I think you have a choice of at least 2 sides). Also you can choose to sit indoors or outdoors, which outdoor sitting is by the water. I love the view, it's beautiful and relaxing. Good eats at The Fish Market.

Reviewed March 11, 2018

Consistently fresh seafood from their own fishing boats. Family style casual dining with great fish. The daily changing menu clearly indicates the type of fish and if it is wild or farm raised, They are famous for their au gratin potatoes. They also sell fresh fish. The San Mateo location offers a water view with a boat dock you can park your boat at if you are lucky enough to live on the Belmont Slough. There is a very good kids menu, not just the usual chicken and burgers. They have good pasta and salads. My kids always enjoyed the ducks, too. I have been going to this restaurant for decades, and I am not one to give praise unless it is deserved. Upstairs is a more formal and romantic restaurant, the top of the market. Outdoor dining is offered, too. The Fish Market is the best.

Reviewed March 3, 2018

We love to sit by the outside room with a view of the water. The wait staff are always great. So many choices of fish and clams.

Reviewed February 27, 2018

Food is fresh & good. Service very good. Big free parking lot. All meals served with great fresh bread. Prices a little high..

Reviewed February 21, 2018

I'm way behind on leaving this review (like, a couple of years behind) but this has been our worst dining experience in the Bay Area to date. My wife and I ordered two different fish dishes and they were both served raw. I dont even remember how the service or sides were because the raw fried fish is all I can remember.