“Lots and lots of great food”

Fusion Peruvian Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Fusion Peruvian Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #119 of 431 Restaurants in San Mateo
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: Peruvian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Baldwin
Reviewed March 4, 2016 via mobile

Wow. We tried this for a birthday celebration. Not so appealing from the outside but the inside is nice and the food is so good. Had pisco sours that were just so-so and pricey and grilled baby octopus over causa as an appetizer. Really good!
For dinner ceviche mixto. HUGE with snapper and shrimp And scallops and mussels and hominy and crispy corn. So tasty. Husband had trout over rice and beans, with clams and shrimp and plantains. Very tasty and HUGE. Prices are very good for food. Full bar and great service. We will DEFINITELY return.

Reviewed February 15, 2016 via mobile

I ate here alone on a Sunday night. Service was generally quick and pleasant but they didn't deliver my cocktail (pisco) until my main course was served. I had Pasta Negra which was very tasty and a Goldilocks size but the shell fish had been cooked till they disintegrated and I abandoned trying to eat the mussels altogether. I had expected more since they are listed in OpenTable; not sure if I'll give them a 2nd try.

Reviewed May 30, 2015 via mobile

We decided to go here to try something new. Nothing special from the front but as you go to the dining room it is a nice little bistro. Leather topped tables. Very pleasant knowledgeable staff. Great selections. I had a NY Strip with very crispy fries, plantain and rice. Others had squid ink pasta, lamb shank, seafood stew and trout. The 1/2 roast chicken was also very good. Big servings all with potatoes and rice. We will be back.

Reviewed April 20, 2015

We went for a casual dinner and had no problem making a reservation on Open Table. We got there and were seated within 5 minutes. That is when things went wrong. We were basically sitting at a table without anyone paying attention to us. 2 tables over, a couple were raising their hands to try and place an order. We should have just left then. We also raised our hands to order. I ordered the Rotisserie Chicken, which is a well know item... but almost 10 minutes after ordering the server came back and said they were out of chicken. I had to ask to see a menu again, and as it was our 1st time dining here didn't know the menu well. Mind you, we still did not have the Iced Tea we ordered to drink. I waved to get her attention again and ordered another dish. After another 20 minutes, I was thirsty and still didn't have iced tea or water we asked for, so we again had to get someones attention. Apparently they were "out of Iced Tea" and the server thought someone else told us. So, we asked if we could at least have water. No bread was brought to our table like was on every other table. Our food was good, but during our time there, the table next to us had been there for a very long time trying to eat and the table 2 over had trouble with everything as well. Interestingly, a table of 4 came in after us and was immediately greeted with water, bread, and a server answering questions and taking their order. I am not sure why the 3 2-top tables had such difficulty getting basic things like drinks. They are woefully understaffed or just plain do not care. We certainly will not go back, even though I liked the substitute dish I ordered and really wanted to try the chicken.

Reviewed February 18, 2015

Pondering a one word title I considered: unexpected, unassuming, surprised, and landed on authentic, which I think sums up Fusion well. I live about a mile away, and pass down this street frequently, having never really noticed Fusion. I purchased a Groupon, thinking, hmm, sounds interesting. We went, and enjoyed a great experience ~ sincerely more than expected. Familiar ingredients prepared in unfamiliar ways... a modest culinary odyssey. A fusions of Latin influence, but much more than standard fare. Spices and sauces and blends of flavors that peak curiosity and please the senses (aroma and flavor). The open kitchen is modest, seen walking from the front door to the dining area, and remarkable that such diversity is prepared to order there. Looking over other reviewer posts, I appreciated what "AndyTheGameInventor" shared... friendly service, quality, quantity, presentation... "the little things right". Well done Fusion, glad we tried, we'll be back.

1  Thank Pleschy